049 tracking thread

A place for developers to discuss development of OSA
Vaughn
Site Admin

Re: 049 tracking thread

#81 Post by Vaughn » Mon May 07, 2018 6:37 am

The connection string part was modified in the API's Common.cs and committed. The SQL export may have to be rewritten, I am not sure, just saying the main project should be able to test that with the 1 change to the API. I had some errors trying to make a new project to test this, so I have not been able to run a test on that import. I will try again with a winform app right now.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#82 Post by Vaughn » Mon May 07, 2018 6:51 am

Yay, I ran the winform app with your insert, and I got a Hank object using the new API.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#83 Post by Vaughn » Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 am

More good news, while the ball was rolling on the import stuff, I manned up and decided to fix Jabber plugin. I had to fix a bug deep in the source code for the agsXMPP library we use to make it .NET4.7.1 compatible. I got that done and tested and my house is messaging me again. That is like a million pound weight off my back and I am in a super positive mood again. So I am going to keep rolling with that and get some more stuff done. Let me know if I can do anything...

Vaughn

kherron

#84 Post by kherron » Sun May 13, 2018 9:37 am

I just added your small change to the common.cs file to my development copy, and the Import works GREAT!

Moving on. Hopefully I will be able to finish this up fairly quickly.

kherron

#85 Post by kherron » Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 am

And I have more good news too :!:
I am pretty much done with the Import/Export coding, and testing is going really good.

I am running in to a few issues that I will have to over come, for example, adding Import and Export permissions to the Web Server, Checking for "Object Type" before import, and packages need to import in a particular order (1st - Object Type, 2nd - Main Objects, 3rd - Associated Objects then 4th - Images)

For example, when importing a screen, we must first import the actual screen object first, other wise all the other objects do not get imported correctly because their main object had net been created yet. So, I am currently playing around with a few ideas to overcome this issue.

But for the most part, this is almost ready to commit.

kherron

#86 Post by kherron » Tue May 22, 2018 3:15 pm

The new Import and Export code has been committed.

Give it a shot and let me know what you think!

kherron

#87 Post by kherron » Mon May 28, 2018 12:52 pm

I am done with all the coding for now.

So, I think all other issues need to be pushed off to .050, so we can button this release up.
It's a big release, and I'm sure there will be a patch needed here and there as we test and move forward.

So, I have moved over to the Wiki for now, and I have started a major update to it.
With all the new stuff we have added in to the .049 version, this needs to happen for old and new users alike to have a place to find the information on the new features.

I am here to help test anything you need me to, or fix any code.
Now that I have the Export/Import working. I can easily backup by test box, and do a re-install with a new installer, then Import and be right back where I am now with the new version within minutes. So, let me know when you are ready, and I will give it a shot!

Vaughn
Site Admin

#88 Post by Vaughn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:41 am

Can you check and make sure the logs webpage got the latest version of committed, I am getting an error that 2 export buttons are missing when I tried to rebuild the solution to make a new installer to test.

Thanks,
Vaughn

kherron

#89 Post by kherron » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:51 am

Oooppps,

Sorry, I don't know how I missed that on. :(

DONE :!:

kherron

#90 Post by kherron » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:46 pm

@Vaughn,

Not sure you saw my last post, but I did commit the changes you mentioned I missed!

Let me know if I can do anything else.