049 tracking thread

A place for developers to discuss development of OSA
kherron

Re: 049 tracking thread

#111 Post by kherron » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:18 pm

DEEP breaths..... DEEP breaths.....

I Agree. I have always stood behind the "Kiss" methods.
The simpler the better.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#112 Post by Vaughn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:52 pm

It is pretty much a done deal now. I think we have to make MySQL 8 a requirement. I have already upgraded my test machine to 8.0 fixed a few issues and am back to building out my new 5th wheel setup. I ran into some data issues, like on the StateImage control the graphics fields where using the file data type instead of image and were marked required, but they are only required when a name is present, I adjusted those and got it working, but that alone will require a new DB export and installer to be built and I expect to see more of that and it is good I am building a setup from scratch to find those things.

I think in time, no one will want or remember MySQL5.7 so I am not going to worry about backwards compatibility. By the time we release a public ready version, this will be even more of a non-issue. Things are moving alone and I am inspired to keep trucking.

There is an issue with the Name of images loaded in on the Image Manager web page loading a default name. My last work on that made it worse, now it overrides any name you type in with the file name, so I have to put a little work in it too, but these are small things....

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#113 Post by Vaughn » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:14 pm

I am having an error on loading web screens. I don't even have a screen setup on the test, which may be related. I ran out of time testing and have a head ache, so I can investigate more, but thought you might recognize the code and have some advice.
error.png
error.png (136.12 KiB) Viewed 961 times

kherron

#114 Post by kherron » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:43 am

Oh YES... This has my name all over it :!:

Is it possible you forgot to copy the latest version of OSAE.DLL over to the wwwroot->Bin folder?

It looks like it's not finding the new Security code in the API.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#115 Post by Vaughn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm

I think that key stuff is for REST and the website does not use rest, I commented out the REST key code and it runs, so not sure if it should be in there. The API in there is current and it goes into that subroutine...

Edit:
Also, the other parts of the website were working, this code/error was only on the Screens page. I also remember some Admin property on the user object? I might be missing that.

I have several days off, so this is a good time for me to get things wrapped up.

Vaughn

kherron

#116 Post by kherron » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Vaughn wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm
I think that key stuff is for REST and the website does not use rest
Yes and No.... If you look in the screens.aspx file you will see that the Screens web page uses Rest for the RunMethod and SetProperty Javascript functions.

So we need to check a few more things...

1) I'm sure Rest is running on your setup....
2) Does the Rest Object have a property named: APIKEY (String)
3) Does the Rest Object have a property named: ApiKeyTimeOut (Integer - Default 3600)
4) Does the System object have a property named: SecurityKey (String)

If any of the above are missing, we have somehow missed them in the SQL.
Try to create them, then go to the Rest Object and run the 2 methods: GenerateApiKey & GenerateSecurityKey

Also during startup, you should see the following in the Security Server Log:

Code: Select all

09-25 20:52:59.05	INFO	Security 	System Security Key found.	 
09-25 20:52:59.05	INFO	Security 	Checking if System Security Key exist	 
09-25 20:52:59.05	INFO	Security 	REST API Key found.	 
09-25 20:52:59.05	INFO	Security 	Checking if REST API Key exist	 

Vaughn
Site Admin

#117 Post by Vaughn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:15 pm

I am missing all of that, but I have the email with the SQL in it, so I will get it all applied and test again.

Thanks,
Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#118 Post by Vaughn » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:33 am

OK, so I got all the property type loaded, but I think it has a problem with the property being null still. I think it is in:

private static string ivString = OSAE.OSAEObjectPropertyManager.GetObjectPropertyValue("System", "SecurityKey").Value;

This property was null, but when I tried to put a value in it, other code did not like the BS value I used here.

Not sure what I can put in here, or if you can get a null value in that property to duplicate my error....

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#119 Post by Vaughn » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:45 am

The service was not started on my dev box, and I thought that might be part of it, so I enabled it and tried to start it, but then I get this error in the system logs:

System.ServiceModel.AddressAccessDeniedException: HTTP could not register URL http://+:8732/api/. Your process does not have access rights to this namespace (see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=70353 for details). ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Access is denied at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes() at System.Net.HttpListener.Start() at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SharedHttpTransportManager.OnOpen() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SharedHttpTransportManager.OnOpen() at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManager.Open(TransportChannelListener channelListener) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManagerContainer.Open(SelectTransportManagersCallback selectTransportManagerCallback) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportChannelListener.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelListener`1.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelDispatcher.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) at OSAE.Rest.Rest.RunInterface(String pluginName) in D:\Open-Source-Automation\Plugins\OSAE.Rest\Rest.cs:line 95

Vaughn
Site Admin

#120 Post by Vaughn » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 am

On my test machine, I get the log entries:

09-26 13:02:37.31 INFO Security System Security Key found.
09-26 13:02:37.30 INFO Security Checking if System Security Key exist
09-26 13:02:37.30 INFO Security REST API Key found.
09-26 13:02:37.28 INFO Security Checking if REST API Key exist

but all of the key and security properties are blank, and I get the null error on the Screens.cs page.

Not sure if there should be starting values, or what should be in all these fields at startup. It looks like all of the properties are there, but are null. Not sure what those log entries represent if there is not key values, but it says it finds them.