049 tracking thread

A place for developers to discuss development of OSA
Vaughn
Site Admin

049 tracking thread

#1 Post by Vaughn » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:41 am

Current issues found while testing 049:

* Windows 10 changed some graphic features. The dropdown.background = color no longer works. I have researched the new way this has to be done and I am able to set colors on different parts, but have not been able to change to background. The affects the User dropdown in the Screens app. I refuse to release this bug.

* Phidgets IK - Analog value changes do not have a debounce (Minimum change to trigger an update & event). This makes my light sensors spam too many "light value changed" events.

* I am really struggling with the amount of changes in this release, especially all the data that has to be updated and tested in the installer scripts, new graphics, what objects and types need to ship in the release, etc.

* Inclusion of testing secondary installs (Sceens only and Remote Service) really puts a strain on me because of limited space and machines that also have to run production installs, it is hard to setup testing environment for new installs and upgrades. I also had to replace my development machine, and setting it up to the same state as it was in during the middle of the release testing has been hard on me. In all these years I have only had to setup the dev environment like twice and Brian used to help with that, but I am getting there. It is not much fun working alone though.

Overall testing went pretty well, but the couple small bugs had big impacts and were hard to flush out. Like new user web account just wasn't throwing any errors I could trap and it took a while to find the problem... Hopefully I will get another build compiled soon. If anyone wants to test it, I will share 049 at anytime.

Vaughn

kherron

Re: 049 tracking thread

#2 Post by kherron » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:46 am

Vaughn,

I now have 2 machines. My old box (Windows 7) is running my old updated version of 048(049), and is running my house at this time.
However, my new Windows 10 machine is only being used for Development.

I would be happy to test a fresh install on it and see what I can Test.
I don't have much equipment or devices to test with, but I can always create "Dummies" and see if I get errors.

I know all these changes put a lot of stress and work in to this release.....
I am also happy to help you with anything I can!!!!!

Also, I believe some of the Issues that are issued to me are actually complete, I was just waiting on further testing before I closed them.

Please let me know what I can do!

Vaughn
Site Admin

#3 Post by Vaughn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:47 am

I got Git loaded and the 2 repos back on my computer, but I am having trouble getting the System.Automation.dll referenced again for the PowerShell plugin, which is keeping me from compiling the application.

I did this before with the NuGet package, I think. I also remember installing PowerShell and having to reference the DLL in the 1.0 directory.

If anyone went through this when using the source, feel free to remind me what you had to do.

I have Tuesday and Wednesday off and I will dedicate a few hours to it and try to make some more progress.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#4 Post by Vaughn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:34 am

I got the system.automation error fixed. For reference (pun intended) All Powershell versions have NuGet packages now. The system automation package did not work, but searching for "Microsoft.powershell" worked, I selected version 5 and it fixed all my references and the project compiles now.

I have to make sure the OSAE.Service is running from the right location since I built from source and then I should be back to where I was with the main app and then I have to build a new installer package again and make sure I did not lose any SQL updates.

Vaughn

kherron

#5 Post by kherron » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:35 am

:lol: Good One!

I don't remember ever having this issue when I would build the project from the repo.
But this is good information to have in case the situation does arise on my new box.

I have already installed MySQL server on my new box and Windows 10 comes with PowerShell already installed.
So, once you have GIT up-to-date and current, I will try to build the project and see if I have any issues there.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#6 Post by Vaughn » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Screens.exe

I give up on the User Login control, setting its color at least. I think I just need to bind a static control or something. I was able to set the background in XAML but could not update it in code.

Current plan is I am redesigning the control to minimize to a simple Red/Green Lock icon, then when editing and it expands, you will have the User dropdrown and it will not be colored... Should get it done and uploaded within a couple days.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#7 Post by Vaughn » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:22 pm

IP Cameras
I had a lot of hassle just to get the cams running on their own (Foscam and Loftek). After getting them to run, I got the old Loftek CSX 2200 working in OSA. Foscam gimped their cameras and took the CGI bin API away. I got them to give me to docs a long time ago and got it working. It is not working in OSA now, but may just be Foscam's problem. Amcrest also said they do not allow this on their cameras as they are owned by Foscam. So I may just give up on the Foscam and move on.

The web control is not working even on the Loftek feed which works great in the thick Screens app. Ican't remember where we left off on it but I thought it was working, maybe just displaying the snapshot.jpg each update. Maybe we didn't get it work. I think that it needs to be updated before release too.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#8 Post by Vaughn » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:18 pm

Just a quick update. I got the service reinstalled correctly on the dev, but still not running. I went do work on the database side of it and my DBForge license expired, so I just ordered a new 3-year renewal, but will take up to 48 hours for new license to be delivered/activated. So I don't think I will get the new screens coding done for a few days, but I will try to get it running with the MySQL workbench, but I need the schema comparison tools to make sure my development DB and the upgrade scripts are working.

Vaughn

kherron

#9 Post by kherron » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:18 am

Vaughn wrote:IP Cameras
I had a lot of hassle just to get the cams running on their own (Foscam and Loftek). After getting them to run, I got the old Loftek CSX 2200 working in OSA. Foscam gimped their cameras and took the CGI bin API away. I got them to give me to docs a long time ago and got it working. It is not working in OSA now, but may just be Foscam's problem. Amcrest also said they do not allow this on their cameras as they are owned by Foscam. So I may just give up on the Foscam and move on.

The web control is not working even on the Loftek feed which works great in the thick Screens app. Ican't remember where we left off on it but I thought it was working, maybe just displaying the snapshot.jpg each update. Maybe we didn't get it work. I think that it needs to be updated before release too.

Vaughn
Vaughn,

This is going to be a touchy subject. From my experience the MjpegProcessor works great in the think screens.
(As long as you have a GOOD streaming URL)
However, the Web side is a much different strategy, as you have no control over what browser they are using.
And some browsers (Chrome) will no longer allow this type of streaming.

I know you had it working at one time where it was using the Snapshot function and just refreshed the image every second.
I have a Tenvis, which is also the same as a Foscam. However, my power supply went bad.
I will try to find another PS and get it back online and see if I can work on this a little more.

Don't forget, In the IPCam plugin folder, there is a text file called: IP_Camera_PTZ_URL That has a lot of URL information. You can use the FIND function and search through it for Foscam
Also, you can look it up at: https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Foscam

Vaughn
Site Admin

#10 Post by Vaughn » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks, I have all of the URL's still in my DB from before. With the complexities of the web, can we abandon the stream concept and just go back to the snapshots? Browser specific controls are OK too, although I understand it can triple the support, testing and everything else. If none of this works, we should just remove the web control so it does not show up with a red X... I can help look into it at some point, but nothing is going well for me lately, so I am at a motivational low. I bought that DBForge license last week and have not heard from the company (DevArt). I been writing them letters and everything I can do today to get in touch with them. So my development setup is not even running yet, but I have been playing with source and my test box still....

V