kherron

Re: 047 Development

#11 Post by kherron » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:21 am

OK! Great :D

Looking forward to upgrading my setup!

Datahead

#12 Post by Datahead » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Fantastic news for sure. And yes Screens does seem to crash at times.. It more a minor annoyance than anything. I am however excited about the client software coming back. I would like to put a machine with my A/V system.

kherron

#13 Post by kherron » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:33 am

Going to start upgrading to 4.7.

Is there a download/Install ready, or should I use the code from GitHub?

kherron

#14 Post by kherron » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:05 pm

OK,

I got it.

Completely removed MySQL, re-ran the MSI and was able to choose and install 5.6.26.

Downloaded the OSA 4.6 installer and I'm up and running :!:

Will start getting my plugins installed and will report my findings.

kherron

#15 Post by kherron » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:07 pm

OK, CM15A(I have a CM19A) is installed and running fine.

One thing I did noticed, and I think this has been left out of several of the last few versions, but the "OSAE.Screens.exe.config" file does not get installed.
Not a big deal for me, as I just copied my old one over, but it is required before my camera will work, and could cause other users issues as well.

My IP camera is now up and working too! Getting ready to install the IPCam plugin.

So far so GOOD!

kherron

#16 Post by kherron » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:58 am

Vaughn wrote:I have been working in those apps quite a bit. Probably the best thing I can do is to just leave them alone for a release or two and let you work in a stable environment.

I still have a bug crashing Screens.exe between the Load & Update threads. I have tried to block them or make them wait so they don't overlap, but when you exit from editing a control and it calls for a screen reload, it can still crash the app. I will try to get that fixed in this release, and then you should be good to go.
Vaughn
Is this the Error you are getting?
StateImage.Timer_Tick.jpg
StateImage.Timer_Tick.jpg (206.33 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
I have tracked it down to the StateImage.Timer_tick()

Not sure whats happening, but even when you change to a screen with NO state images, it still runs the StateImage.Timer_Tick().
If I disable it in the StateImage.xaml.cs file like this:

Code: Select all

timer.Interval = TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(frameDelay);
//timer.Tick += this.timer_Tick;
I do not get this error any longer.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#17 Post by Vaughn » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:16 am

kherron wrote:OK, CM15A(I have a CM19A) is installed and running fine.

One thing I did noticed, and I think this has been left out of several of the last few versions, but the "OSAE.Screens.exe.config" file does not get installed.
Not a big deal for me, as I just copied my old one over, but it is required before my camera will work, and could cause other users issues as well.

My IP camera is now up and working too! Getting ready to install the IPCam plugin.

So far so GOOD!

I got "OSAE.Screens.exe.config" added back into the client and server installs (for 047)

Vaughn
Site Admin

#18 Post by Vaughn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:13 pm

DEMO DATA CHANGES:

I am leaving the demo objects (rooms, house, etc) but I am deleting the Demo screen, controls, and images as including the images in the DB generated an error loading the massive amount of text it took to represent the images.

Also, more unused object_types are being removed and will let the plugins handle making sure their types are loaded.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#19 Post by Vaughn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:15 pm

I am making a blank DB for 047 install now. I will then commit it all and start testing fresh installs and make sure that the plugin SQL is working, etc.

If you are testing from source, you should be able to pull down a complete 047 tonight, else depending on how the 047 testing goes, I will post an installer as soon as I can.

Vaughn