Exporting Data

A place for developers to discuss development of OSA
Vaughn
Site Admin

Exporting Data

#1 Post by Vaughn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:45 pm

With 047, some of the Object_Type_Add procs were changed. The current concept of exports writes the proc calls needed to add that data back in. But if the proc calls change in the new version, you can't use old exports without massaging the data. This kinda breaks the purpose of having exports.

I think the only way to do it is with XML tags, so old tags can be used and new tags don't break old exports. There is some work with XML imports for the whole database I will look at to see if it can be used and built on. I have done some extensive work syncing cloud databases with XML, but it was all in SQL Server, which handled a lot of XML coding for you.

Anyways, this is just kind of a warning that object_types will have an issue reading in pre-047 exports.

This pretty much breaks the install.sql of every plugin too! This is obviously why this fix was never put in before, the rework just outweighed the reword. But then the monkey stays on our back forever, and I think it best to fix these things while the user base is small.

Vaughn