New WeMo Plugin Question

A place for developers to discuss development of OSA
BudC

New WeMo Plugin Question

#1 Post by BudC » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:13 am

I have created a new plugin for Belkin WeMo stuff. I understand wemo's aren't the best for this but I had some already, so I decided it would be a good project. Currently, it only supports the switches (lamp modules) and wall switches, I am thinking about ordering one of the bulbs. It uses a upnp library to scan for wemo devices and then adds them to object array, so you really don't need to configure it. When you setup up your wemo devices initially, outside of OSA, you have to assign them friendly names, so I just use that.

I really have been trying to read the forums to get my answers, but I feel like I just missing a section of info or something. I found the .Net Template AFTER I was done, but that was no biggy, the plugins seem to be very straight forward. By the way the, little package creation thing you guys made is nice, after I built everything I was like "ok how do I install this thing" , so that was cool.

Questions. 1) I created a fork of the main code base, which is the "new" code, with the new logging and what not. I went back and download the code for 0.4.3, which was just a zip file in github. So it's not like I can check anything into that code base. How do I go about giving you my new plugin, which is base on 0.4.3? Do I just copy it into the new code base knowing it won't build and then request a merge (or whatever it's called)? I assume that is why most of the plugins are not part of the solution.
2) Is there specification for the size that Screenshot.jpg?
3) If I get as far as getting the plugin checked in and you guys approve. What do I need to do to create the wiki documentation?

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Automate

Re: New WeMo Plugin Question

#2 Post by Automate » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:36 am

Great, we are always looking for new plugins.

Older plugins with the old logging methods should still work with the new code. So you should be able to compile it and run it under either version 0.4.3 or the as yet to be release 0.4.4.

If you are going to upload the plugin to the OSA plugins page make sure to compile it under 0.4.3 since most people do not have 0.4.4

For Git, you should be able to create a local copy of your forked Git OSA code. Then copy your new plugin folders into this local copy. The commit and push to your fork. Then do a pull request. Only commit/push the changes you want to go to the master OSA Git.

I don't know of any size limits on the Screenshot but it does not need to be too high resolution since it will never go full screen or anything like that.

Your OSA forum login should also allow you to login and edit the Wiki. I think Brian has to give you permissions to upload to the plugins OSA web page.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#3 Post by Vaughn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:43 pm

I am always willing to help too... If you send me the project, I can update the logging and check it into the 044 repository, etc.

Vaughn

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#4 Post by bwoodworth » Tue May 20, 2014 10:14 am

1. I would add your code to the latest version 0.4.4 in the repository. Then do a pull request like Automate said. I have been out of town and busy with life for a while, but I plan to have some more time to get the new version finally released. I can help get the code into the repository if you want.
2. There is no size limit on the image, but it is only displayed as a small image. If you look at the plugins page all of the images for each one is the screenshot.jpg image.
3. I can give you permission to edit the wiki. Send me a PM when you are ready to do that.
Brian

jpm1965

#5 Post by jpm1965 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:03 am

Did this module go live? I have a couple of WeMo devices I would like to use rather than trash...

Interested in helping if I can...

jpm1965

#6 Post by jpm1965 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm not able to pm so yes I would like to try your code after you get back...

kherron

#7 Post by kherron » Wed May 23, 2018 11:32 am

jpm1965 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:28 pm
I'm not able to pm so yes I would like to try your code after you get back...
Permissions granted