Jabber plugin disconnects

A place to report bugs and discuss testing
Milenko

Jabber plugin disconnects

#1 Post by Milenko » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:17 am

Hey all,

I've been using the jabber plugin for a couple days now and it seems to work really well except that it randomly disconnects and then never seems to reconnect until the OSAservice is restarted. Jabber.log just records a "OnClose Connection Closed" and I can no longer send or receive messages.

It seems like maybe there's a timeout or maybe if there's a network hiccup then the client doesn't ever try to reconnect to the server.

Using a gmail.com account in this case.

Any ideas?

bwoodworth
Site Admin

Re: Jabber plugin disconnects

#2 Post by bwoodworth » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:11 pm

That has happened to my in the past. I usually fix it by just restarting the Jabber plugin. I will see if I can add something to the code to attempt to reconnect if it loses its connection.
Brian

Milenko

#3 Post by Milenko » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:32 am

Hey Brian,

Just wanted to let you know that as of 0.3.5 the Jabber plugin is working great. I can see in the logs that it reconnects once or twice a day when it gets disconnected.

Thanks for adding this feature, it's made Jabber very useful for me. :)

-Jeremy

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#4 Post by bwoodworth » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:35 am

No problem. I'm glad it is working well.
Brian

Albert07

#5 Post by Albert07 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:18 am

Sometime when I check or uncheck a plugin check mark in the Manager it gives me problems. Notice in the Manager log below that I got two unchecks in a row without a check in-between. After my 1st click on the check mark the Manager UI started toggling the plugin check mark on and off without me even touching the Manager's user UI. The end result of this is that my plugin got a second RunInterface command without ever getting a Shutdown command. This caused a com port conflict which I had to shut down the complete OSA service to clear up.

Automate

#6 Post by Automate » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:13 am

@Albert07 I've seen this before but it does not happen too often. It can be a problem if you have a lot of plugins running. If you aren't using a plugin don't enable it.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#7 Post by Vaughn » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:04 pm

This may change more in the future, but this has changed in the upcoming version. The checkbox in Manager just enables and disables the plugins now, and does not stop and start them. So you can set the plugins, then restart the service. Again, this was just to simplify manager's role as is moves to the web page for management, or may just get fixed in Manager too, but for now it seems simpler and has worked so far, but if a single plugin crashes, it makes restarting it harder, and that is a future consideration.

Vaughn