Click Image doesn't seem to call scripts...

A place to report bugs and discuss testing
MindMusic

Click Image doesn't seem to call scripts...

#1 Post by MindMusic » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Added a script to a Click Image control (on the screens app) and it doesn't seem to be firing the script when I click it... tried on both the mousedown and the mouseup... the button changes state images, but there's no record of the attached script running in any of the logs, and the script doesn't seem to have functioned. The script itself works, as I can "Test" the script and see the results... All permission levels are at default and it's the admin trying to use the Click Image control... Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

mattw

Re: Click Image doesn't seem to call scripts...

#2 Post by mattw » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:47 pm

I also had this problem, and couldn't find any obvious reason why nothing was happening.

The workaround I came up with was to use state image assigned to a virtual object instead of a click image. The required script was then assigned to the ON event for the virtual object. If you include a line in the script to turn your virtual object back off again, it kind of achieves the same effect as a click image should.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#3 Post by Vaughn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:07 am

Testing now, I think I only have it calling methods in my house for camera buttons, but I will make a test scenario for it and get it fixed.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#4 Post by Vaughn » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:34 am

It does not look like this feature was ever finished. The code is basically just a copy of the method code. It does not know which object to pass the script off to. I am coding the rest of it now. So it will look up which script processor should be getting the command and pass it to the right one. In testing this I found a couple other bugs in the Screens app, like the user selector not adding correctly on a new screen, etc. So I will work on these issues now and add them to the release.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#5 Post by Vaughn » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:32 am

OK, I got this fixed and tested. Used existing talking scripts on mouse down and up and it worked good. There was already a OSAE.Run Script api call, so it turned out to be real easy to fix.

So I fixed the click control in the 049 source though, so I have to finish squashing all these other bugs and finish testing before I can get it to you. Unless you are doing a new setup and are interested in using the 049 beta. I am at the point I have the full installer packaged and can compile a new one as I fix things. I have the upgrade package done too, you just have to backup your database in case things go bad.

In testing the fix for you, I see an unrelated bug with the Log In control not changing colors any more, so I am off to fix that one...

Vaughn