Problems using mixed types of home automation hardware

A place to report bugs and discuss testing
Vaughn
Site Admin

Re: Problems using mixed types of home automation hardware

#11 Post by Vaughn » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:13 pm

bwoodworth wrote:Does anyone else think that putting in a universal delay in a to sending commands not an ideal solution? Due to the way OSA manages events and sends out commands we already have a slight delay. Ideally in the situation where a motion sensor is tripped and the result is to send a command to turn on a light we would want that to be nearly instantaneous. Adding delays wouldn't be ideal. Of course collisions are even less ideal so maybe it is worth it, but I thought I would mention it.
I would add it as a property on the plugin, so default delay could be 0, but you could adjust it to a value that works for you, if needed. This would let you add 20ms or something and minimize the delay's impact. Depends on the plugin too, I am not 100% sure which one he put it in, RFXCOM I think, it does 434 transmits eh?

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#12 Post by bwoodworth » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:42 pm

Yeah, RFXCOM is on 434Hz
Brian

kherron

#13 Post by kherron » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:06 pm

I agree totaly. However, I do like Vaughn's approach to provide customization.

As I have had this issue with a single plugin. The CM15a.
I have a CM19a, but uses the same plugin. However, OSA is so fast,
if I have a script that turns on 2 lights, there are times the second one does not get turned on.
OSA shows and thinks it did, but it didn't.

After watching the light on my CM19a and running the script several times, I determined that OSA was executing the commands faster than my CM19a could handle.

My fix was to add a speech method in my script after each ON method.
This was my way to create a small delay.

dj-eon

#14 Post by dj-eon » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:59 am

Vaughn wrote:So which plugin did you modify? Was it one under our source control? If so, I just released 048, but I would like to put the delay you tested in the current plugin so your don't have to worry about downloading new versions and have the issue come back and so other people won't have the issue either.

You can just paste the code here and line to insert at and I will handle putting it in Git, if you want.

Thanks!

Vaughn
Hi Vaughn.
I think I modified the firecracker plugin. I might have started again from scratch though when I figured out what I was doing!
The plugin still isn't finished, but it does support receiving my temperature sensors, and sending commands to the RGB light controller.

Note that I'm still on version 045 of OSA, so this plugin is for that. I've not had time to migrate to a newer version.
Attachments
ThorianOSA_v10.zip
(167.27 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

Vaughn
Site Admin

#15 Post by Vaughn » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:18 am

Yuk, I don't think 045 has an upgrade path. However, if you put a lot of time into your 045 set, we can upgrade it manually. The DB structure is no problem, and I can combine the data modifications from the upgrade scripts since. Worst case a couple object type properties would be missing or something, but it should come out pretty close.

I have DBForge's comparison tools, let me know if you want me to help with that sometime.

Vaughn

dj-eon

#16 Post by dj-eon » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:10 pm

I'll probably just virtualise it, install the latest version than migrate everything into the new one.

Failing that, your welcome to help :-)