046 Tersters ONLY

A place to report bugs and discuss testing
Vaughn
Site Admin

Re: 046 Tersters ONLY

#91 Post by Vaughn » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:56 pm

Well, fixed the problem with it saving the image names, deleted the bad control the original code made, then made a new one and the crash went away. I added a label, moved them around, then updated the label, all with no crash.

I committed the fix to Git. If you have existing screen controls still causing the crash, you can remake them, or possibly go to their object on the webui and look at the properties for image 2,3,4 and delete the redundant values.

I still have to add some more controls, retest animation is working and the such, but one problem down... And better error traps need to be put in all over for bad format images, missing images, etc, but that hard to test for them all so I will get them as they come up.

Vaughn

kherron

#92 Post by kherron » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:19 pm

Perfect :!:

I didn't download, since your changes were so minimal.
I just manually made the changes in my copy, Complied, Removed the extra images from my StateImages, and It works with NO error!!

I will start re-adding my changes, and will let you know how it goes! :D

kherron

#93 Post by kherron » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:39 am

OK,

Got my changes added and all seems to be testing out fine.

For some reason, the weather control is not "Drag-able" while in edit mode, but I can figure that part out later.
Users can always change the X & Y and move it that way for now!

Now, after talking with Vaughn, I need to work on something I didn't even think of, The Edit Screen.
Users will need to be able to change or delete the Custom UserControl from within the Screens application.

Shouldn't be to hard to accomplish, but may take me a few days to get it done.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#94 Post by Vaughn » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:16 am

I was never able to get the original weather control to drag and drop. I think it is because the click event is being raised by the things inside of the custom control. I think the event bubbles up and should be able to intercept the click event at the control level somehow.

When I originally made the Screens app, I only made control Add screens, I later went back and upgraded the same add screens to handle Edit, just had to check if an object was being passed in: if (controlName != "")

Anyways, good luck, take your time, Nov 10th is the drop dead date to get the next release out, because..?

FALLOUT 4! =P

kherron

#95 Post by kherron » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Wow :!:

A lot more to it than I thought.
Having to make a lot of changes to the plugin structure and template.

But the good new is I'm making progress.
I can now edit the Custom user control in screens.

I'm now working on the Drag and Drop for these.

Hopefully a couple of more days, and I should have it!

Vaughn
Site Admin

#96 Post by Vaughn » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:12 pm

In shooting 047 demos, I am coming into quite a few minor bugs in Screens, along with crashes still.

I think 047 will release with these bugs and issues can be opened against them for a follow up release.

Most every bug in the GUI is overcome with a screen reload, or at worst an app restart, nothing that prevents screen design. But I will keep a list here so people don't have to worry about reporting known issues for now.

* App Crash! After adding/updating/or deleting controls, it appears it can cause an error in the update routine, leaving the updating flag on or something to that effect that leaves a thread hung. Recent measures have improved this, but there is still some bad timing that can cause this.

* State Image is not picking up the Light Level property changes of a room until screen reloaded (does not affect the WebUI since it always reloads.

* State Image slider does not respond when I first added it and turned the light on and off, but later when I came back to the screen, it was working fine.

* When I added 2 motion detectors to a room, it only moved the PERSON state image control to the first motion detector, it may have just been my setup, that is such a new feature, but it should move to EVERY sensor, realish time...

* If you delete a screen, it should drop you off on a new screen, or back to the default OSA if there are no screens to show.

* Add Screen could/should guess at a name for the new screen.

* If a dialog box goes to the background, Screens can seem to be frozen and non-responsive, maybe consider making dialog boxes always on top, although there are pains with that too. Kinda blows either way, maybe someone can figure out how to bring the dialog to the front if someone clicks the main screens parent window...

* X/Y cords when dragging and dropping several controls should auto-sync. This is a long time feature that got lost in the WPF conversion I think. (If you move a light image for example, you want the on and off pictures at the same cords and that has to be done manually now) This is really more of a feature.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#97 Post by Vaughn » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Ha, I posted those 047 bugs on a 046 thread, silly me.

Anyways, I think I have the Screens crash fixed for good. Not a single crash in 20 minutes of shooting demo footage. It will be included in the 047 release.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#98 Post by Vaughn » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Ha, I posted those 047 bugs on a 046 thread, silly me.

Anyways, I think I have the Screens crash fixed for good. Not a single crash in 20 minutes of shooting demo footage. It will be included in the 047 release.