046 Tersters ONLY

A place to report bugs and discuss testing
Vaughn
Site Admin

Re: 046 Tersters ONLY

#81 Post by Vaughn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:42 pm

Well, hopefully I got it fixed, I used the following link to use NuGet to install it back into VS2015.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/System.M ... Automation

Why or how that works is unknown to me. It still does now show up as an option if I try to add an assembly reference in the list, but it automatically added it to the existing references in the OSA plugin, so I am content there.

It is pointing to:

D:\OSA_GitHub\Open-Source-Automation\packages\System.Management.Automation.6.1.7601.17515\lib\net40\System.Management.Automation.dll

Which I don't think existed before. Maybe the referenced DLL is going to have to be shipped with OSA, not sure.

kherron

#82 Post by kherron » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:33 pm

IN VS with my last GitHub download, in the Powershell plugin,

System.Management.Automation is referenced to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\WindowsPowerShell\3.0\System.Management.Automation.dll

Vaughn
Site Admin

#83 Post by Vaughn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:56 pm

I figured out the root cause:

I re-added the reference to your path and the compile started blowing up again (thanks for the path though, it is right and now I can set it up correctly using that)

So as I opened some of the pages throwing these errors, I get a popup box about Windows line feeds not being standardized Windows CRLF, so I told it it was ok to update them. Once it fixed the linefeeds, all errors went away, so VS was just having trouble reading the code.

This has happened before, but I thought the whole solution was fixed a long time ago, but it creeps back in, maybe from the repository. Anyways, I guess since it is not a Powershell problem at all, I am done! YaY! =)

I got the 047 built already with the latest changes in it, and have the laptop setup, and will do a test run soon. (Humbleness: Biggest roadblock, I can't map a drive... All windows 10 machines on same subnet, same account names, pinging fine, but somehow my dumb ass can't get a drive mapped and I been mapping 'em for 20 years, so either I am just going senile, or it is some Windows 10 change mixed with my bad attitude =) ) Just having a rough day hehehe

Thanks for helping! I will get a little more done tonight, but tomorrow should be a better day and I will get the upgrade script diffed.

kherron

#84 Post by kherron » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:07 pm

GREAT JOB!

I get that Popup too when I open the whole OSA project.
Not sure which file it is asking about, but I usually click "OK" and update them.
It is probably some type of conversion that is happening on GitHub.

Anyhow, glad to hear that was fixable without to much crap.

Looking forward to your new code, so I can test it with mine!

Check out my demo at: https://youtu.be/xUGOwO52eS0

kherron

#85 Post by kherron » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:54 am

Download new code from git, complied and tested screens.
I was able to change screens and edit object with out any Threading errors.

However, as soon as I added my new changes, the threading error returned??

I am starting fresh again today, and will see if I can narrow down whats happening here?

My be this weekend before I really get enough time to concentrate on it!

kherron

#86 Post by kherron » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:57 am

OK,

I just redid my GitHub for OSA, and re-Forked with last nights changes.
Complied AS-IS, (NONE of my changes)
Im still getting this whne I change screens or try to update an object in Screens:
StateImage.Timer_Tick.jpg
StateImage.Timer_Tick.jpg (206.33 KiB) Viewed 1383 times

Vaughn
Site Admin

#87 Post by Vaughn » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:24 pm

I don't think the error is related to threading, at least not the error I was able to duplicate. It was in the StateImage control itself. I will work on it this morning. Since you don't have much time until the weekend is a good thing I guess. I will just focus on Screens today and I will let you know what I find.

It was in this chunk of code for me:

BitmapImage bitmapImage = new BitmapImage();
bitmapImage.BeginInit();
bitmapImage.StreamSource = imageStream;
bitmapImage.EndInit(); <-- Errored on this line.
Image.Source = bitmapImage;

Adding a new stateimage with only a 1st frame for on and off, shows 4 images for off when I go back and edit the control, So there are definitely a couple bugs in the state image at least. I think the error you got is from the update_timer in the stateimage control reading those graphics wrong.

Vaughn

kherron

#88 Post by kherron » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Yep,

If I step through it, that is where is ERRORs for me too!

I'll have small spurts of time here and there, but will probably have several hours this weekend.

Thanks,

Vaughn
Site Admin

#89 Post by Vaughn » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Well, found where the image issues are coming from:

if (State2Img1 != null) OSAEObjectPropertyManager.ObjectPropertySet(sName, "State 2 Image", State2Img1.Name, "GUI");
else OSAEObjectPropertyManager.ObjectPropertySet(sName, "State 2 Image", "", "GUI");
if (State2Img2 != null) OSAEObjectPropertyManager.ObjectPropertySet(sName, "State 2 Image 2", State2Img1.Name, "GUI");
else OSAEObjectPropertyManager.ObjectPropertySet(sName, "State 2 Image 2", "", "GUI");
if (State2Img3 != null) OSAEObjectPropertyManager.ObjectPropertySet(sName, "State 2 Image 3", State2Img1.Name, "GUI");
else OSAEObjectPropertyManager.ObjectPropertySet(sName, "State 2 Image 3", "", "GUI");
if (State2Img3 != null) OSAEObjectPropertyManager.ObjectPropertySet(sName, "State 2 Image 4", State2Img1.Name, "GUI");
else OSAEObjectPropertyManager.ObjectPropertySet(sName, "State 2 Image 4", "", "GUI");

They all load the same image (State2Img1.Name), have no idea how that crap gets by testing, this control must have been testing with 15 image controls... Well, the NULL check must be failing, NULLs suck to work with... Anyways, fixing it and continuing....

kherron

#90 Post by kherron » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:43 pm

At least your getting down to the root of the issue. 8-)

I'm off to work this evening for a few hours, but will continue working and testing my code through till weekend with the StateImageTimer disabled.
If that's the only issue, it shouldn't stop or cause me from testing my Custom UserControls code a little further, and maybe clean up my code a little.

I need to cleanup and Notate the Template for other users, and will then do a Help Video.
I even started working on a Wiki for a Guide to Create your own (Just like the one for Plugins)!

Will keep on the look out for your next update.