046 Tersters ONLY

A place to report bugs and discuss testing
kherron

Re: 046 Tersters ONLY

#71 Post by kherron » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:15 am

WOW, You are the Man :!:
I wasn't trying to pile on more work.
I redid the threading in Screens.exe a couple days ago and it seemed to work fine and stopped the crashes, but it was the dev box with little data in it, so testing that more has to be done, but it was one of the road-blocks to the next release, so here's hoping that fix is done.
I wouldn't mind testing your updated screens.exe code, as I am now working on the "UserControls Plugins" for Screens.exe. I have completed and am now testing the Description Editor, Installer and the actual screen control now. So far I have the Weather Control converted to a working plugin. (With the exception of the threading issue. I have mine disabled right now)
"Also, the default IP Camera object should not have any methods, and should only have the following 3 properties:
1) Stream Address
2) Height
3) Width
A) Yeah, I get confused on what is current on that. I will tweak it a little now."

I already started deleting the methods, but stopped half way baffled by how you would perform all those function on the IP Camera without them? At one point I had 2 IP cameras working with full pan/tilt controls for both of them on a single screen and it was pretty nice. It has been a while and now I am worried I might have done some customizing to make it work and used those methods. Anyways, I still have my two cameras and will test however you tell me to do it.

Personally those settings above look like they are for the IP Camera Viewer control and not for the IP Camera itself...
The Viewer DOES get it's information from the IP Camera Object. But the viewer only needs the above 3 properties.
Also, if a user does NOT install the IPCam plugin, then there are NO methods available.

Once the IPCam plugin is installed, then there is an UNLIMITED number of methods that can be added by the user.
You may not remember, as you are so deep in to this, but you helped me with that part of the plugin.

Basically, you add a Method and a Property with the same name to the IP Camera object type
In the property, you store the URL for the command.
Then, when you execute the Method, it sends the URL stored in the Property with the same name.

So the only thing you may have lost would be the actual URL's you were sending to the camera.
I'm sure we can get those back, and your cameras working again :D
Since I have created the help video for just the IP Camera, I am also working on one for the IPCam plugin.
But the Readme file basically explains how to set it back up.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#72 Post by Vaughn » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Awesome. I think you explained all this to me before too. I am always multitasking and half remember anything. The ADD generation.

I will get a commit to Git with a clean current DB and latest code by tomorrow. I did not plan on doing many fixes this release and just wanted to work on the installer, so I blew it as far as opening tickets, tracking fixes for this release, etc. Once we get a working version out, I won't do that again.

(watching TV as I type this for example, shame on me...)

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#73 Post by Vaughn » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:46 pm

Also, from what I learned setting up the cameras the first time: Setting up all those pan/tilt buttons sucked, and it would have been awesome if the whole set of buttons was a custom control. So I hope that is a good test case for your controls. =)

Vaughn
Site Admin

#74 Post by Vaughn » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:26 pm

2) Height
3) Width

Do you want a default value on those integer fields?

BTW "I wasn't trying to pile on more work."

Man, I can do 10x the work, I need motivation, direction and purpose. Feel free to demand shit gets worked on, I love it! I wish we had a team pushing each other and stuff like when I do regular jobs. Knowing it doesn't matter if I take a day or a month just saps me of motivation. I also need to give away some parts of this project so I can be more focused. I need to outsource testing, I have said it before and I sit here daily thinking I want to hire local students as permanent testers, because the though of testing can throw me into weeks long depression =) I just want to code ideas. Anyways, that is on hold until I can legally fund the company, something I am ready to do, but procrastinate on.

I babble, but please, ask for ANYTHING!

kherron

#75 Post by kherron » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:20 pm

:lol: :lol:

Yes on Integers!

kherron

#76 Post by kherron » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:39 am

Sorry , I miss read your question.

Width is default at 400
Height is default at 300

Vaughn
Site Admin

#77 Post by Vaughn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

So I go to make a compile this morning, and there are 127 errors, apparently System.Management.Automation reference disappeared from the .NET framework, WTF? Been Googling for 20 minutes, and it is all a big mystery to me... So Powershell is broken all the sudden, which is in the core now, so I guess my plans for the day changed...

Hate computers sometimes...

Vaughn

kherron

#78 Post by kherron » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Is there something I can send you?

I can make a copy of C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.Management.dll and send it to you in a zip.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#79 Post by Vaughn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:06 pm

kherron wrote:Is there something I can send you?

I can make a copy of C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.Management.dll and send it to you in a zip.
I have System.Management.dll and System.Management.Instrumentation.dll in that directory, I am looking for System.Management.Automation.dll, which has a couple versions on my machine like C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0.

Actually, more importantly than looking for the DLL, I want it to show up as an Assembly in VS 2015, like it was. The solution had it referenced, and did not show an error, but it was throwing an assembly error on compile, so I deleted the reference, went to re-add it, and the option is not there. I guess possibly it was originally added by browsing for it in the first place? But most of the copies of the DLL are in my GAC, and referencing them is confusing.

More confusing is I am running Powershell version 5. only version 1.0 installed in the directory I mentioned above, and I do not want to reference a dll directly and have version management problems, etc. I have never worked on our powershell stuff or even used it, so I just don't know how hard it was to get it right, and no faith I can get it back there. I would barely know how to test it if I got it to compile =(

I will work on it a bit more, but I can already hear Civ 5 calling me, saying "Don't worry about it, you know how to conquer the world as the Egyptians. come, come play and kill and F powershell" heheh

kherron

#80 Post by kherron » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Found this, maybe it will help you,
C:\windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Management.Automation\1.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Management.Automation.dll C:\

Then open it in Visual Studio Version Selector (whatever that is - it just came up as the recommended app), then use Save As to save the dll to the location of oyur choice.