046 Tersters ONLY

A place to report bugs and discuss testing
Datahead

Re: 046 Tersters ONLY

#61 Post by Datahead » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Will do... Is that in the current OSA 4.6 download? It will be nice to have the VR working again... Drives the wife crazy... (Snicker)

Vaughn
Site Admin

#62 Post by Vaughn » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:51 am

Yeah, basically, after further testing, I don't find any issues with the VR other than taking a bit to load the Grammar after you say who you are. All my issues were microphone related and after adjusting, both Windows 10 boxes are running recognition fine.

Vaughn

Datahead

#63 Post by Datahead » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:00 am

Interesting as it seem I am having microphone issues as well, as OSA doesn't hear the microphone. I am sure it is a box configuration and not OSA though. Going to play with it some more.

Other than that the install went real smooth and the plugins all seem to be working correctly.

Datahead

#64 Post by Datahead » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:10 pm

I am going to be down for a little bit as I had to reload my test machine. I had to put a larger C: drive in it as it was only 70 gigs. I went to load the Visual Studios Community Edition on it and it didn't have enough space. So with a 500 gig drive in hand and a copy of Windows 8.1 we are sitting here watching paint dry. The good news is it automatically started downloading and upgrading to Windows 10... WooHoo! Should be back on line shortly but for now it is my trusty o'l laptop.

kherron

#65 Post by kherron » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:55 pm

OK.

4.6 is up and completely running.

I also have 3 plugins installed so far:
CM15A
IPCam
Sony
I'm also running the Wunderground/Weather plugin to get Day/Night events.

Here are just a few things I have noticed.

1) In Object Types, if I try to add a new property, it does not refresh and show it was added after clicking "Add".
If you click a different object or refresh the page it will show??

2) If we are going to include default Object types for plugins (CM15A, Insteon, IPCam, Phidget, etc...)
Shouldn't we also include the actual Plugin logic at install?
I can see where new users will expect these to work not knowing they still need to download and install the plugin.

3) On the Objects page, on the Weather object, shouldn't the "Last Updated" property match the Update column?
It appears that the property is getting changed, but the Update Column on the Objects page is not.
I can click the update button and it will change, but it's not changing when the weather object actually updates.

4) The must have been a change made to the SQL statement that the install.sql file uses to add properties.
Even though the installer showed the package was successfully installed, none of the properties for my IPCam or Sony plugin objects were created.
I was, however, able to manually add them in the Object Types page.

5) The "IPCamII" plugin and/or objects are Dead. These should not be included as default objects or Object Types.
Also, the default IP Camera object should not have any methods, and should only have the following 3 properties:
1) Stream Address
2) Height
3) Width

Well, that's it for now.
I'll keep testing and playing with it!

Thanks Vaughn, GREAT WORK :!: :!:

Vaughn
Site Admin

#66 Post by Vaughn » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:55 am

kherron wrote: 1) In Object Types, if I try to add a new property, it does not refresh and show it was added after clicking "Add".
If you click a different object or refresh the page it will show??
A) Neglect, I notice this and after I add a property, I click on the type in the main grid and it refreshes it. I had a lot of trouble with selected rows/grid refreshes/highlighting, when working on this page, so I blew it off. I will take another look at it.

2) If we are going to include default Object types for plugins (CM15A, Insteon, IPCam, Phidget, etc...)
Shouldn't we also include the actual Plugin logic at install?
I can see where new users will expect these to work not knowing they still need to download and install the plugin.
A) I can delete the object _types, but will have to make sure each plugin is capable of setting them up, some of the plugins assume they are there. Because my dev box has the source for all the plugins, it re-adds them to my DB all the time and I have to hand prune it all when I make a release. I eventually need a make a good check-list of what has to be done to prep the DB for a new release. I just kinda took this part over and have things to work out still.

3) On the Objects page, on the Weather object, shouldn't the "Last Updated" property match the Update column?
It appears that the property is getting changed, but the Update Column on the Objects page is not.
I can click the update button and it will change, but it's not changing when the weather object actually updates.
A) Last_Updated refers to the Object's state being updated, whether it actually changed or not, where Last_State_change on updates when the state is actually changed. Property updates do not affect this. So what is going on with the weather plugin is it needs to send an ON method to the weather object after it is done updating to refresh this timestamp. I will take a look at that too.

4) There must have been a change made to the SQL statement that the install.sql file uses to add properties.
Even though the installer showed the package was successfully installed, none of the properties for my IPCam or Sony plugin objects were created.
I was, however, able to manually add them in the Object Types page.
A) Correct, the parameters for property_add where changed (they were out of order) and the SQL for the plugins was not updated. I think I have all the SQL fixed in 047.

5) The "IPCamII" plugin and/or objects are Dead. These should not be included as default objects or Object Types.
Also, the default IP Camera object should not have any methods, and should only have the following 3 properties:
1) Stream Address
2) Height
3) Width
A) Yeah, I get confused on what is current on that. I will tweak it a little now.

Well, that's it for now.
I'll keep testing and playing with it!

Thanks Vaughn, GREAT WORK :!: :!:
I inserted my replies to everything in the quote. Thanks for testing, I am making a 047 package now, I just updated the installer to MySQL 5.6.27 and added the screens.exe.config file. If testing on it goes ok, I will work on diffing the DB for an upgrade script. Honestly hate this part of development though. So much time wasted loading, unloading, machine prep and the such.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#67 Post by Vaughn » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:57 am

I redid the threading in Screens.exe a couple days ago and it seemed to work fine and stopped the crashes, but it was the dev box with little data in it, so testing that more has to be done, but it was one of the road-blocks to the next release, so here's hoping that fix is done.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#68 Post by Vaughn » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:32 pm

"1) In Object Types, if I try to add a new property, it does not refresh and show it was added after clicking "Add"."

I am not sure what frustrated me so much before, I got it fixed in like 1 minute, and it tests good so far. Often just walking away and letting the mind reset helps I guess. Future improvement would probably select the row you just added, but at least it is refreshing properly now and that will do.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#69 Post by Vaughn » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:49 pm

"3) On the Objects page, on the Weather object, shouldn't the "Last Updated" property match the Update column?"

This is fixed in 2 parts in 047.

The WUnderground plugin now checks for object_type owners and sets itself as its own owner, and sets SYSTEM as the owner of the Weather type.

Next, the Plugin was modified to send the Weather.Updated method after setting the new weather, which sets the state and Last Updated time.

I did some other fixes while I was in the plugin, removed obsoleted log code that was inserting events (above changes cause the correct events), etc.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#70 Post by Vaughn » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:01 pm

"Also, the default IP Camera object should not have any methods, and should only have the following 3 properties:
1) Stream Address
2) Height
3) Width
A) Yeah, I get confused on what is current on that. I will tweak it a little now."

I already started deleting the methods, but stopped half way baffled by how you would perform all those function on the IP Camera without them? At one point I had 2 IP cameras working with full pan/tilt controls for both of them on a single screen and it was pretty nice. It has been a while and now I am worried I might have done some customizing to make it work and used those methods. Anyways, I still have my two cameras and will test however you tell me to do it.

Personally those settings above look like they are for the IP Camera Viewer control and not for the IP Camera itself...