046 Tersters ONLY

A place to report bugs and discuss testing
Vaughn
Site Admin

Re: 046 Tersters ONLY

#51 Post by Vaughn » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:20 pm

It fine, hope ya have a fun B-day. I got side-tracked by the Raspberry Pi, been researching all kinds of boards and robots, then pulled out all my RC stuff and getting it all charged up... I am so easily distracted =)

So many projects I see mix Pi and Arduino boards, and I am a Phidgets (PC based) guy, so it is hard for me to wrap my head around it all, but I want to play with it all, so I got my hands full =)

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#52 Post by Vaughn » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:02 pm

Plus I have Windows 10 going onto the test machine now. If that goes well, I have the dev machine and tablet waiting to be upgraded. All that opens up development of a Win10 interface, maybe some live tiles, etc... Glad I have so much time on my hands =)

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#53 Post by Vaughn » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:29 am

The Windows 10 upgrade definitely stops the UWS service. By running UWS explorer and restarting the service, the existing 046 web site works fine. UWS will just need some a little documentation.

The VR client crashes after a bit too, but it might have done that before the Windows 10 upgrade. I let it run for weeks on the dev box, so overall, I think it is ok, but will have to troubleshoot the crashes on the test box.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#54 Post by Vaughn » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:02 pm

Warning!

Alias are not being checked for uniqueness. I set the alias for SYSTEM to the same name as the computer. It was not pretty. It made system object into a computer object and the whole system was blowing up (well service was stable, but web, screens, etc were blowing up because service does not use the new logging).

Now that is fixed, 046 is running on the new clean Windows 10 micro PC...

Vaughn

Datahead

#55 Post by Datahead » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:58 pm

Right now my system seems to be stable with the exception having to run the USW manually and the X-10 won't dim with the Insteon PLM / Plugin. I have had this build up for awhile now. So should I reload with the current build?

Vaughn
Site Admin

#56 Post by Vaughn » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:16 pm

Your load might be the same as what was released, I am not sure. The 046 build has not changed since I posted it, but might be a hair different than the last test posted to the forums.

The VR app is not working correctly for me on my new Win 10 test box. Once it loads the grammars, it never hears me. And the Grammar load is way too slow for out of the box, once 100 objects are added, that grammar will balloon out of control. I have to move a bunch of it to dictation and maybe prebuild it. I had really bad luck using multiple recognition engines and swapping them on and off. Maybe things are a bit different with VS 2015 and Windows 10, but my dev machine is not updated yet, just the test machines. I am building in 2013.

The UWS was acting up on one machine, would die when power savings kicking in and I would have to restart it. So far it is stable on the new machine.

So the work list is building up again butI will try to stay on top of it...

Vaughn

Datahead

#57 Post by Datahead » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:05 am

Yeah, the VR blew up for me as well... But it drives the girlfriend crazy anyway (Grins)

Vaughn
Site Admin

#58 Post by Vaughn » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:14 am

I was wrong, VR IS working on Windows 10, I just did a bad job at the differential. A combination of the test machines being slow, not adjusting their Mics and testing volume levels, combined with not wanting everyone in the house to hear me say "Hello? Computer? Who am I?" over and over led to assuming the VR was broken.

I still need to redo the grammar again to make it smaller and add some new functionality which I have not ironed out.

If the grammar is only going to get bigger, it may have to be segmented. Something like "I want to ask you about someone" would load a grammar specific to questions about PEOPLE objects. And the core grammar that controls the lights and other important stuff would always be loaded and very fast and responsive.

Once I finish verbs and tenses, the grammar will quadruple in size, so I don't know how practical it is. The bot's brain will outstrip modern day voice capabilities really fast...

Anyways, thought that was partially good news. I know I did most of my testing for 044 and up on this same test machine, so it should be able to handle it as I know most people don't want to run their houses on an i7, so I will work on it...

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#59 Post by Vaughn » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:18 am

Quick note, if you really want to see how the grammar system is working, use Jabber or the text box in the VR app, as once voice recognition is taken out of the picture, the conversation practicality shines.

I will add a text input box control in the GUI and web site soon, "voice is really just a gimmick, but conversation is not."

Vaughn

I quoted that for history books in case it has not been said.. (c) 2015 =D

PS The second thing I asked the system, "What time is it" and I see the script is not setup out of the box. Geez, I really need automated testing as it is sad when such common items go out broken. Add 20 more scripts in the future and testing just gets harder...

Vaughn
Site Admin

#60 Post by Vaughn » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:53 am

haha Datahead!

Remember the W800RF learning mode issue? Of course you do, well, I forgot to turn it off on my test box. So the VR was having to write the grammar for like 55 discovered objects, which really adds some overhead!

BUT it is working good on Windows 10 even with all of the extra objects in there, just takes a minute more to load.

Give it a shot again when you have time and let me know if it work for you.

Vaughn