Issues with Mobile web page

A place to report bugs and discuss testing
Vaughn
Site Admin

Re: Issues with Mobile web page

#21 Post by Vaughn » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:45 am

This may be obvious, but since it does generate the issues you describe too, I have to point out that the OSA Service must be running for the mobile page to work, unlike the normal website, since REST is a Plugin. Please make sure the Service is running and responsive.

mpinnie

#22 Post by mpinnie » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:58 pm

So after my test computer crashed completely I re-installed win 7 and osa when it was done, I did the same thing as you directly after I entered my new user and password I went to mobile page and again nothing, then I tried the rest call you gave me (localhost:8732/api/objects/basetype/place?callback=?) and hello it says server not found but the osa service is running and the rest plugin is running and it has the correct port.
So there appears to be a problem with the rest, does the object have to be owned by something?

mpinnie

#23 Post by mpinnie » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:16 pm

If I turn the rest plugin on and off I get a plugin errored massage, could that be the problem?
Attachments
logs.jpg
logs.jpg (182.97 KiB) Viewed 1301 times

Vaughn
Site Admin

#24 Post by Vaughn » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:24 pm

mpinnie wrote:If I turn the rest plugin on and off I get a plugin errored massage, could that be the problem?
No, that is a feature. =) Basically, if you have 10 plugins Enabled, and 10 and Running, the system says everything is good. When you stop the Rest plugin, the system is just telling you that an Enabled plugin is not running anymore. So it is just kind of an alarm, so if you have some plugin that crashed or something, it would warn you.

The system doesn't understand when you stopped one manually that you wanted it stopped and is just warning you that it is stopped so you know to restart it. If the routine to stop the plugin also set enabled to false, then it would not report the plugin error.

Something tweakable in the future.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#25 Post by Vaughn » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:25 pm

mpinnie wrote:So after my test computer crashed completely I re-installed win 7 and osa when it was done, I did the same thing as you directly after I entered my new user and password I went to mobile page and again nothing, then I tried the rest call you gave me (localhost:8732/api/objects/basetype/place?callback=?) and hello it says server not found but the osa service is running and the rest plugin is running and it has the correct port.
So there appears to be a problem with the rest, does the object have to be owned by something?
You might make sure you put HTTP:// in front of localhost, I left it out because of how the forums were treating it.

mpinnie

#26 Post by mpinnie » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Oh ok, but I still don't understand why the rest call is not working.

mpinnie

#27 Post by mpinnie » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:28 pm

Even with http://localhost:8732/api/objects/baset ... ?callback=? it still says server not found

Vaughn
Site Admin

#28 Post by Vaughn » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:42 pm

That link just told me server not found too (Hmm, we can't reach this page.) But only when I have OSA Service stopped.

That plugin's object_type does not need an Owner (only ones that run methods do) and does not have one set here.

So looks like we are down to either the plugin or service are not running for you.

I would never trust restarting a single plugin, not sure what state that code is in. I would just make sure the REST object is enable, SYSTEM Debug is TRUE, start the Service, give it a minute (usually after it speaks) then check the Server Logs for the REST plugin and make sure it started.

I have never done this, but you can stop the service and try a different REST port and restart the service.

Just retry that link I gave you each time until service not found goes away.

If you still have troubles, I will put more debug/log code into it for 047 so maybe we can track it down on the new version which is pretty much done and in testing now

Vaughn

mpinnie

#29 Post by mpinnie » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:02 pm

So I did everything you said, rest plugin starts up fine and I also used a couple of different ports but no change.I think I will wait until 047 is out and see if it works there, but thank you for your time.

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#30 Post by bwoodworth » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:31 pm

I had a similar problem with the mobile site loading after setting up a new 4.7 install. It was because I had to open up the port in the Windows Firewall on the OSA machine. I just created a new incoming rule and opened port 8732 and the mobile site began working.
Brian