Issues with Mobile web page

A place to report bugs and discuss testing
daudet

Re: Issues with Mobile web page

#11 Post by daudet » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Hello Everyone, well a lots of answer to look for.
Automate wrote:For the Mobile Web setup.
Go to the "Objects" web page and add some new "Place" Type objects. Then edit some of your objects and set the "Container" to the "Place" objects you created.
For the "Status" page see this post viewtopic.php?p=8243#p8243
for an example of the "Custom Property List"
Thanks I have followed your input with the picture help of kherron and got it up working.

As for the status page i will look into it next after i master the HOME

kherron wrote:Have you tried to view the mobile site on your computer? http://localhost:8081/mobile/index.aspx
Also, you have to create Places in your Objects page, like Living room, Kitchen, MasterBedroom. Then put your devices in these places by setting the CONTAINER field to the places you created. For example, if you have a light in the Master Bedroom, go to that device on the objects page, and set the CONTAINER to MasterBedroom.
Again thanks
Yes i can reach Mobile site from Tablet, Cell or Laptop no problems.

As for your setup i have created a 2 Place, Living Room and Computer and is does work.
kherron wrote:This works fine from my server.

However, if I try with my phone, the load bar never finishes, and I never see my places??

I get the 3 tabs at the bottom, but that's it. I'm also trying from my local LAN, so no firewall issues? :?: :?:
Same for me if i use LTE/4G but if i use WiFi no problems.
Automate wrote:Does the REST service work from other computers on your LAN? http://myOSAServer:8732/api/help
Yes i get the Uri Method Description with all the stuff.

fiveHellions wrote:Also does it work from the browser on your phone? http://<OSA Server Address or Name>:8081/mobile/index.aspx

If it does work from browser but not android app then check under the settings in the android app and make sure the 'Server Address' and 'Server HTTP Port' are set correctly. Also make sure the 'Default HTTP page' is set to mobile/index.aspx
Yep it work on the Cell browser and APP on Wifi is ok too.

As you can see I have gone a little bit further tonight
Pictures were taken form the Laptop but i have the same result from the Android Apps on the Cell and Tablet.
2014-02-06 22-06-26.jpg
2014-02-06 22-06-26.jpg (42.46 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
My living room as only one LAMP module but it work.
2014-02-06 22-06-56.jpg
2014-02-06 22-06-56.jpg (39.35 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
Next the computer i have 3 and the Dummy one is pointing to unused IP just to test the State. And again it work as it should.

2014-02-06 22-07-18.jpg
2014-02-06 22-07-18.jpg (45.33 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
So thank you all for your great help all you reply and inputs.

Really appreciate and i will keep going forward the get the thing working.

Enough for tonight...
Daniel

Montreal Qc. Canada

mpinnie

#12 Post by mpinnie » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:09 am

Somehow I can't get this to work in 0.4.6 the system screen works but the status and home screen does not I don't know If this is an issue with 0.4.6 or if I missed something, but I did everything according to the wiki and the posts in the forum.
If somebody could help me with it that would be awesome.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#13 Post by Vaughn » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:18 am

mpinnie wrote:Somehow I can't get this to work in 0.4.6 the system screen works but the status and home screen does not I don't know If this is an issue with 0.4.6 or if I missed something, but I did everything according to the wiki and the posts in the forum.
If somebody could help me with it that would be awesome.

Does none of it work? Triage starts with testing from the OSA server and logging into the website locally, then using /mobile/index.aspx

If it works there, but not from a WAN IP, then there is a port forwarding issue. If it is not working locally, what does it do?

I just finished getting it to work here. Even after I setup port forwarding in my Router, my OSA server had Windows Firewall on, and that was blocking the 8732 REST port. Please check that you have 8081 & 8732 punched thru all your firewalls.

mpinnie

#14 Post by mpinnie » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:48 am

I can log into the mobile web page from the local computer and from other computers in the network but the dummy switch that I have set up does not show up in the home page.From the local and the other computers however i can set the state of the system in the system tab Home,AWAY and Sleep work fine but then again in the status tab there is no information of the properties that i put in the Custom Property List. So I don't think its a port problem.
Attachments
No status appears
No status appears
status.jpg (29.69 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
Can't see the dummy switch
Can't see the dummy switch
home.jpg (28.94 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
property list.jpg
property list.jpg (29.49 KiB) Viewed 1379 times

Vaughn
Site Admin

#15 Post by Vaughn » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Do you have the default Places still? Home, Livingroom, etc? They are what should be showing up on that home page. After selecting a Place, it would show the switches contained within, etc.

Technically, it is the Base_Type that needs to be PLACE, so house, room, etc would show up because of their base type.

mpinnie

#16 Post by mpinnie » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:03 pm

I put some switches in some of the default places but neither the place nor the switch is showing

Vaughn
Site Admin

#17 Post by Vaughn » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:18 pm

Check the port number is set on the REST object.

The first line of the web page just basically says: use REST port, bring in a list of PLACES.

I will look at it more later, neck ache/head ache kicking in bad and think I have to take a nap and let the pills kick in.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#18 Post by Vaughn » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:30 pm

you can also try to make a test object and set it's type to place. It used to only show objects of type PLACE, then it was switched to base_type of PLACE. If you make sure you have a PLACE object in there, it would help testing.

mpinnie

#19 Post by mpinnie » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:56 pm

Ok so I checked and the rest port on the object is correct I also ran a check to see if another program is blocking that port but it is fine. I can also access the rest api help on the local computer and on others of the network, then I created two test places each with a dummy switch but they still don't show.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#20 Post by Vaughn » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:30 am

I just did a clean install of v046, logged into the webui to make a user account, then went straight to the mobile interface, and it works fine.

Try this command:
localhost:8732/api/objects/basetype/place?callback=?

That returns the list of objects that the mobile/index.aspx page displays.

If it is working, it should return a looong json string with obvious place objects in it.