Issues with Mobile web page

A place to report bugs and discuss testing
Janleex0

Issues with Mobile web page

#1 Post by Janleex0 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:00 pm

I can't get the mobile GUI to work correctly on my IOS or Android devices.
If I go to the web page on the host (Windows) it looks perfect.... if I go to it from a device it shows the background, header and footer (tabs)... but never displays any of the controls.

Moderator: split from this topic
http://www.opensourceautomation.com/php ... -t913.html
***jAn***

Automate

Re: Question about error in Event Viewer???

#2 Post by Automate » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:22 am

Welcome to OSA! :D

The mobile version of the web site is completely different from the full version. See the Wiki for details http://www.opensourceautomation.com/wik ... Web_Server

Make sure you turn on the REST plugin and two of the pages have to be configured to show anything.

daudet

#3 Post by daudet » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Automate wrote:Welcome to OSA! :D

The mobile version of the web site is completely different from the full version. See the Wiki for details http://www.opensourceautomation.com/wik ... Web_Server

Make sure you turn on the REST plugin and two of the pages have to be configured to show anything.

About this statement in bold what are the 2 of the pages to be configured. I just don't follow.
Is there a tutorial that goes the Mobile feature had to What to do and in what order.

OSA software seem to be top notch and very promising but compared to other it`s instruction and How to are very limited when it is not absent.

I understand this is an open source but a little effort to get up to date tutorial on setting up each module would be a Plus..
I have been reading the Wiki`s and forum for the past 3 months and searching the web all over and I still don`t find suitable How to.
Most of it is outdated and does not reflect the actual release.

Hope that some one would take snapshot while implementing a module and post it on the forum.

Exemple in Object Type for Android
I did not find any document or post telling my what do i put on the right fields.
this is the same for every Object type. Where can we find what do we have to put in those field and when we do need to fill it out

Hope someone can provide some answers.

Regards.
Attachments
2014-02-02 22-56-42.jpg
2014-02-02 22-56-42.jpg (76.06 KiB) Viewed 6295 times
Daniel

Montreal Qc. Canada

Automate

#4 Post by Automate » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:25 am

I would agree the documentation needs a lot of improvement. The developers spend many, many hours developing code and don't always have a lot of energy left to update the Wiki after making changes.

OSA is very powerful and flexible. It's difficult to know how everyone will use the software. For us old timers, many of the features of OSA are just second nature. So the Wiki directions make sense to us. It would be great if new users would add to the Wiki in the areas that were confusing to them when they got started. OSA is a community project and they work best when everyone contributes.

As far as the Mobile web page it would best if you would be specific about what you don't understand about the Wiki page.
Also, if you can't find an existing forum topic that covers your issue start a new topic rather than posting in an unrelated topic.

For the Mobile Web setup.
Go to the "Objects" web page and add some new "Place" Type objects. Then edit some of your objects and set the "Container" to the "Place" objects you created.

For the "Status" page see this post http://www.opensourceautomation.com/php ... 8243#p8243
for an example of the "Custom Property List"

kherron

#5 Post by kherron » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:46 am

I understand this is an open source but a little effort to get up to date tutorial on setting up each module would be a Plus..
daudet, Welcome to OSA, and thank you for your input.

Please keep in mind that OSA turned a major corner at 0.4.0 with many changes to server code as well as plugins.
Also very recently, there has been some more changes made to improve the logging system used.
These changes are NOT backwards compatible, thus making some of the documentation "Outdated".

Also, most of the plugins available, are written by many different people.
As, I understand it, most of them are currently working on updating their plugins for the new logging, and will be updating the documentation soon.

I have currently been messing around with screen capture, and am getting ready to start making some tutorial video's for the plugins and devices I have and use.
Also, we urge users like you to help contribute to any of the documentation or instructions. So please feel free to jump in and share what you have figured out or learned during your process. Also everybody has a different setup, so it's difficult for one person to create all the instructions needed.

I'm willing to help you in any way I can, however, I get the same problem as you.

Have you tried to view the mobile site on your computer? http://localhost:8081/mobile/index.aspx
Also, you have to create Places in your Objects page, like Living room, Kitchen, MasterBedroom. Then put your devices in these places by setting the CONTAINER field to the places you created. For example, if you have a light in the Master Bedroom, go to that device on the objects page, and set the CONTAINER to MasterBedroom.

Look below, as see how I have 2 X10 Relay devices in my Laundry room.

I Created a PLACE called "LaundryRoom", then put my "Back Porch" and "Laundry Room" replays in that place, by setting the Container.
Attachments
Objects.png
Objects.png (102.71 KiB) Viewed 6281 times
mobile.png
mobile.png (42.07 KiB) Viewed 6281 times

kherron

#6 Post by kherron » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:52 am

This works fine from my server.

However, if I try with my phone, the load bar never finishes, and I never see my places??

I get the 3 tabs at the bottom, but that's it. I'm also trying from my local LAN, so no firewall issues? :?: :?:

Automate

Re: Issues with Mobile web page

#7 Post by Automate » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:41 am

Does the REST service work from other computers on your LAN? http://myOSAServer:8732/api/help

fiveHellions

#8 Post by fiveHellions » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:48 am

Also does it work from the browser on your phone? http://<OSA Server Address or Name>:8081/mobile/index.aspx

If it does work from browser but not android app then check under the settings in the android app and make sure the 'Server Address' and 'Server HTTP Port' are set correctly. Also make sure the 'Default HTTP page' is set to mobile/index.aspx

kherron

#9 Post by kherron » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:02 pm

@Automate
Does the REST service work from other computers on your LAN? http://myOSAServer:8732/api/help
Have not tried, as I am not currently have not implemented it in to my setup.

Also, do I have to have the app installed on my phone before the mobile web UI will work?

Automate

#10 Post by Automate » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:07 pm

kherron wrote:do I have to have the app installed on my phone before the mobile web UI will work?
No