ONVIF IP Camera Standard

Discuss hardware that is supported by OSA or request support
Automate

ONVIF IP Camera Standard

#1 Post by Automate » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Anybody have experience with ONVIF? http://www.onvif.org/
It is a new open standard to interface with IP cameras. Looks like a long list of companies have joined. http://www.onvif.org/ConformantProducts/ProfileS.aspx

kherron

Re: ONVIF IP Camera Standard

#2 Post by kherron » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:20 am

Anybody have experience with ONVIF? http://www.onvif.org/
It is a new open standard to interface with IP cameras. Looks like a long list of companies have joined.
Yes, this is a standard that is being developed to ensure interoperability between products regardless of manufacturer.
It is planned to provide a Standardization of communication between IP-based physical security devices.

It's main application will be/is based in the OnVif compliant NVR. Thus allowing the NVR to Detect, Find and configure any IP camera attached to the network reguardless of who is is made by. (As long as the cameras are OnVif compliant too)

For example, you have an OnVif Geovision IP NVR, but you have 3 Sony IP cameras and 3 Samsung IP cameras and 3 Axis IP Cameras. As long as all the cameras are OnVif, the NVR will be able to find, detect and configure the cameras automatically.

Now with that said, I'm NOT saying that the above cameras would not work if they were NOT OnVif. You would just have to manually setup each camera up in the NVR.

kherron

#3 Post by kherron » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:47 am

I have been doing some more digging in to the OnVif (Open Network Video Interface Forum).

I think we could utilize some of their libraries, and possibly create an "OnVif" compliant Plugin. :idea:
Finding the Programming manual was fairly easy, However, the libraries were not.
However, I did find the source code for the OnVif Device Manager. (Which appears to include all the OnVif Libraries and Assemblies)

Now, I should be able to research the libraries and methods to see what we can use.
I have learned that the OnVif decoder uses FFMPEG, and requires a special player to view the video. (VLC, FFMPEG, Quicktime, Flash)
I am fairly familiar with FFMPEG, as I have used it when writing several web sites.
However, we would need another special User Control for the viewer.
Also, I see where some of the code is in C#, but there are also many files in .fs (F#) ? :?

In the mean time, I have already started on another plugin that will be able to connect to my h.264 CCTV DVR thought the TCP/UDP or RTSP port instead of the HTTP port.
This would give us control of not only analog cameras, but control the DVR as well.
I am using the Dahua SDK, which is a manufacture in the OnVif list.
I also know that the Dahua motherboard is used in many other brands like: ICRealTime, GenIV, LTS and many others that would make it very compatible.

I will post more information as I get further in to it.

maliha

#4 Post by maliha » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:13 am

Hi Guys,
Is there any way we can control the tv, i.e. volume, channel, etc..
It would be great if there was some sort of IR transmitted that can be controlled via a pc interface or sending out RF.
Any ideas?
== Solitaire ==

kherron

#5 Post by kherron » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:17 am

There is a way already.

Please look in to the "USBUIRT" plugin and equipment.
It will allow you to send IR commands.

I am currently working on a plugin that will control Sony Smart TV's through their LAN port, but is not released as of yet.

lindseynicole010

#6 Post by lindseynicole010 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:51 pm

IP Cameras will give improved checking of your video security framework with significantly higher determination than customary simple cameras. Higher determination implies better lucidity and subtle elements in the camera sees with the capacity to post-record zoom into basic territories with a significantly more extensive view coming to up to 90 degrees. Open air cameras are contained inside a climate confirmation lodging ready to withstand the temperatures and dampness of the outside condition. Both arch style and slug style cameras are utilized at open air offices and home security. Indoor cameras have a tendency to be littler and lighter and are not weatherproof. The two kinds of cameras can have infrared night vision abilities if required. Mounting Location. Thought of the camera mounting area is dictated by above all else the most ideal view from the camera. Optionally, yet similarly as critical, the capacity to run cabling to the area and furthermore the security of the camera. Cameras get stolen and you can sneak up on them if set in the wrong area.
Thanks& regards,
Lindsey Nicole
Security Cameras Toronto | Security Cameras Vancouver

Mahi01

#7 Post by Mahi01 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:12 am

Roku is a streaming device, which is a reasonable roku activation and other Set-up Box. Roku is a bundle of amusement, where client can stream for boundless motion appears, web arrangement, news, animation and a lot more projects.