[Official Thread] XBMC Plugin Support Thread

Discussion and support for individual OSA plugins
Andre

Re: [Official Thread] XBMC Plugin Support Thread

#41 Post by Andre » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:39 am

Hi, I have no idea what I did, but after doing some other things on my machine, including some stopping and starting of the OSA service, it just started working.

So thanks Vaughan for the offer, but ignore this, I am sure you have your hands full with 0.5.0!

Regards

Andre

Vaughn
Site Admin

#42 Post by Vaughn » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Andre wrote:So thanks Vaughan for the offer, but ignore this, I am sure you have your hands full with 0.5.0!
Ooooh, it is much too late for that. After installing the latest stable XBMC, and letting it taste a little piece of my collection, I was in love again. My head has been swirling all night. I am hooked. It will take me weeks to get my data imported correctly, and I have a lot to learn still. So it will be a while before I get to even play with the plugin, but man, it has moved way up the list of things that get a slice of my time. It won't detract me from normal stuff too much.

I have a potential customer though, but media integration was always a requirement, so I am eager to get my prototype system setup and a demo made. I am not sure what our plugin does, but OSA needs reliable, quality media integration to ever be a mainstream product in the home with all of the big boys now jumping into the game. So I think this is really rather important. It is Windows Media Center that I am bumping to the bottom of the list to make up for this =)

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#43 Post by Vaughn » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:33 pm

I am working on the plugin now. I am just brining the logging and object type ownership and a few other little things up-to-date so it will still work with the next release. I am going to test it a bit too...

Ok, I updated the logging, took ownership of the object type, added a debug mode. I committed this to Github.

I am getting an error though:

System.AppDomainUnloadedException: Attempted to access an unloaded AppDomain. at OSAE.OSAEPluginBase.ProcessCommand(OSAEMethod method) at OSAE.Plugin.ExecuteCommand(OSAEMethod method) in d:\OSA_GitHub\Open-Source-Automation\OSAE.API\Plugin\Plugin.cs:line 200

I am out of time tonight, I committed the code anyways as it compiles and runs, it just won't process commands. I will try to get back to it this weekend.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#44 Post by Vaughn » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:18 am

I finished my work, it is running as well as ever for me, which means no errors, timer is pinging ok. The stop command did not make the movie I was watching stop though.

If anyone want to look at the source and test it, that would be great. I have to move on getting other plugins ready for the release, and I don't know if XBMC ever worked, etc.

Vaughn

Synthesis

#45 Post by Synthesis » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:35 am

Have you done anything else with this Vaughn?

I'm new to OSA, and I just rebuilt my XBMC system last night, so I'm in the process of putting things back together exactly the way I want.

I have a connection between the plugin and my XBMC system, but I'm lost as to the "Current Player" field under the XBMC System type for my HTPC.

Also, how do I go about getting lights to dim/brighten based on video actions?
Is there a script I need to add to OSA for that?

Andre

#46 Post by Andre » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi,

In the XBMC plugin there are some events, I cannot remember exactly what they are called, but they are something like Play, Pause and Stop.

When I press Play on my XBMC, I have a script hooked to the Play event that dims the lights.
When I press Pause or Stop, I have another script that brightens the lights again.

I, like Vaughn, was unable to issue commands to my XBMC installation. It is something that I need to revisit at some point, but unfortunately a bit short on spare time at the moment...