Control Master Distributed I/O Plugin

Discussion and support for individual OSA plugins
mattw

Control Master Distributed I/O Plugin

#1 Post by mattw » Tue May 02, 2017 9:39 pm

I have created a plugin for OSA, initially for my own home automation system, but in the spirit of OSA if anyone else can make use of it then that's great. If you're is looking to upgrade an existing wired intruder alarm system to one based on OSA, while retaining all your existing sensors, then the Control Master distributed I/O system may be a solution for you. Alternatively if you just need a number of hardwired I/O which may or may not be located near your OSA server, the distributed nature of the Control Master system may work for you. Although there are alternatives out there, Control Master is flexible and extendable, supporting up to 240 hardwired inputs and outputs.

So what is it? The Control Master system is a series of digital and analogue input and output cards, which are hooked up to an interface board via an RS485 serial link. The interface board then connects to your OSA server via a USB lead. The Control Master plugin will create an object for every I/O point on the Control Master network, and allow it to interact with OSA. At present it only supports digital and relay boards. Analogue input boards are detected, but at present no objects are created for these. I’ll try and address this at some point in the future.
Screenshot 1.PNG
Screenshot 1.PNG (24.1 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
As an example, I replaced my original intruder alarm control unit with a new box containing the Control Master interface board and a pair of digital I/O boards. This connects to my OSA server via a USB lead. I also have two other boxes located around the house containing further I/O boards (five I/O boards in total), all connected via an RS485 serial link. The original door switches and motion sensors are connected into the digital inputs, while the digital outputs drive the alarm siren and the status panel. I also use the spare I/O to interface with other equipment. You can of course use the inputs and outputs for any purpose.
For further details of the Control Master product range, see http://www.pc-control.co.uk/control/pro ... -range.php

The plugin file and source code are attached.
ControlMaster 0v2v2.osapp
Control Master plugin
(95.59 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
ControlMaster 0v2v2 Source.zip
Control Master plugin source files
(86.27 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

mattw

Re: Control Master Distributed I/O Plugin

#2 Post by mattw » Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 pm

One further screenshot:
Screenshot 2.PNG
Screenshot 2.PNG (27.75 KiB) Viewed 2340 times

kherron

#3 Post by kherron » Tue May 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Wow. This is awesome :!:
What version of OSA does it support?

mattw

#4 Post by mattw » Fri May 26, 2017 6:25 am

I am running v0.4.8. I have not tried it on any other versions, so can't comment on which versions of OSA it will work with.

I am not aware of any changes for plugins moving to 0.4.9, so hopefully there won't be any issues when the time comes to upgrade.

kherron

#5 Post by kherron » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:02 pm

I hate to say it but I know there are a few.

The biggest will be to the install.sql file, as 4.9 will support "Help Text" to enhance the GUI and help users understand each aspect.

For example, EVERY: State, Method, Event, Property and Object type will display help text when hovered over.
This information is inserted through the install.sql file.
If you do not want to include any "Help Text", you can just use empty quotes( "" )

I am not certain for the format, but I'm sure Vaughn can help with the new CALL osae_sp_xxxxxxxxx lines to make your plugin in compatible.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#6 Post by Vaughn » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:38 pm

I will get your source added to Git and will make the compatibility changes for 049 for you.

Vaughn

mattw

#7 Post by mattw » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Brilliant, thanks!

I started looking through some of updated plugins to figure out the changes required for 049, but never got any further than that.

I'll see if I can put together something for the Wiki as well.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#8 Post by Vaughn » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:32 am

The changes do not affect a lot of the source code, it is mostly the Install.sql file that sets up your object_types for your plugin. I had to hand modify every one of them for 049 (well Kirk did some too = ). So just look at any of plugins like Insteon, CM15A, etc and just compare the number of parameters on the object_type calls to see the difference.

Again though, once I put your source into Git, I will do that for you. Just mention in case you are curious.

I am off Tues, Wed, Thurs this coming week, so I will get it done on those days. Anything else you want me to look at on those days, just let me know.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#9 Post by Vaughn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:39 am

OK, the plugin and updated install.sql are in Git.

Let me know if I can do anything else.

Vaughn