New Project I am starting.

Discussion and support for individual OSA plugins
Datahead

New Project I am starting.

#1 Post by Datahead » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:13 am

Hi all,
Okay, as I am getting ready to dump $80K into a Solar systems on my house I want to design a monitoring system that will integrate with OSA using the below building blocks. As we already have CSOM in place I am thinking this should be an easy fix using the building blocks in the website below and making the thing cloud based. Any thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.

Web Site
http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/

Automate

Re: New Project I am starting.

#2 Post by Automate » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:31 pm

80K, that should be a nice system. Will it be grid connected? batteries?

For 80K I would think you could get power inverters with built in data recording and collection so you won't need to build something custom with Open Energy Monitor.
Would probably just need an OSA plugin to communicate with the smart power inverters.

Datahead

#3 Post by Datahead » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:03 pm

Hey Automate,
The system itself is going to be grid tied with battery back up as well. As to the monitoring there are a lot of proprietary inverters out there for sure. As I haven't got the final engineering plans back yet I am not sure what they are installing.. I know due to the battery back up it has to be a single inverter unit from the panels that has a charge controller on it for the batteries. I also know it is a total of 43 - 280W panels. Like I said I will know more in the next few weeks. Given my roof and its location I should get 98% efficiency. So they say??? Taking a $600 a month bill and having SDGE owe me money... We'll see. But I do want it tied into OSA somehow if nothing else but for the wow factor... LOL

Ron

Vaughn
Site Admin

#4 Post by Vaughn » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:12 pm

You know how much we would get done if I camped on your property? =)

Datahead

#5 Post by Datahead » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:28 am

LOL... Yeah, that could be productive for sure. I have a good WiFi extender as well. Right now it has been raining for three day straight in the middle of July... WTF is with that... This is San Diego and the middle of July... We do need the rain though.