Service OSAE failed to start. Verify...sufficient privileges

Post here if you are having difficulty getting OSA up and running
skyemoor

Service OSAE failed to start. Verify...sufficient privileges

#1 Post by skyemoor » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Windows 7 Starter
2G memory
OSA 0.4.3 x64

The first time through, I was hung up at the MySQL connection, as I hadn't loaded it. I eventually loaded it (though it did not have the mysql database itself loaded, just test and information_schema).

After I figured out that the password should be left blank, the install proceeded well after that, and I remember seeing a successful load of a OSAE database.

Not too long afterward, however, the window popped up with;

"Service OSAE Service (OASE) failed to start. Verify you have sufficient privileges to start system privileges"

I had manually started the MySQL service after installing it, so I'd say the answer is yes, I have sufficient privileges. And I verified the MySQL service was running at the time of the error.

So I cancelled the install, and started over, making sure to run the install with adminstrator privileges.

It flew along fine until the Database connection. It no longer accepted the root user with no password. I unsuccessfully tried using "password" itself, as I had seen some discussion about this. The MySQL service was still running.

So I am on the second install pass, and cannot make the db connection with usn/pwd values that had worked previously.

What should I do now?
Attachments
Open_Source_Automation_-_Server_20131006165454.log
(7.36 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

kherron

Re: Service OSAE failed to start. Verify...sufficient privil

#2 Post by kherron » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:04 am

When you installed MySql, you should have been asked to set the "Root" password.
This is the password you should be using when the OSAE installation as for the MySql username and password.

Under most circumstances, the username is: root, and the password is: password.
If this step can NOT connect, then the installation will not complete, and the service will not start.

Once suggestion is to download MySql Workbench. This will allow you to connect to MYSQL and see the databases and users.

I had this same problem about a month ago on my XP box. I had to completely remove MySQL and OSAE, then start from scratch, and re-install both
Be sure to load MySql before loading OSAE.

Also, follow the Wiki for a CLEAN install. http://www.opensourceautomation.com/wik ... tion_Guide
You may also want to remove any Registry keys.

skyemoor

#3 Post by skyemoor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:16 am

FailedInstallEventLogs.txt
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Thank you for your response.

I was able to remove the the OSAE database and the OSAE user from MySQL, returning it to a clean install.

I removed the OSA registry entries (the 2 I found, anyway)

The Services listed OSA as "starting", so I rebooted to remove it completely.

There were very few other files except for logs to be removed.

On the next try using administer privileges, everything went smoothly all the way through the data connection and OSAE db installation ("Success!"). So all was fine through step 11 of the clean install guide in the wiki.

Watching the Task Monitor, the CPU load never appeared too steep, hovering in the mid 60% range, rarely hitting the 70 to 80% range. Only 1/2 the memory was in use at any time.

After a while, I started getting MS Win messages about the service failing, though I cleared them, as the load on the CPU was continuing.

And then eventually the same OSA error msg appeared, "Service OSAE failed to start. Verify...privileges..."

So I cleaned everything back out, rebooted and tried loading it into My Documents/OSA just to see if there really was some permission issue. Same results.

I've included the OSA install log and portions of the Win 7 event logs.

Is there some other version I should be using? Is this netbook simply too weak?
Attachments
Open_Source_Automation_-_Server_20131007115928.log
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

Mat

#4 Post by Mat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:00 pm

Your netbook should be fine.

When running the installer and the installer fails to start, instead of cancelling the installation check if there is any logs in "C:\ProgramData\OSAE\Logs". Are there any related windows event logs?

skyemoor

#5 Post by skyemoor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 pm

I tried to attach them in the previous post - can you see both attachments?

There are a slew of entries related to OSA in the event log. The difficulty is trying to figure out which ones are important and how to export a large number of them.

JBAD

#6 Post by JBAD » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:25 pm

I noticed you're running Windows 7 Starter. Have you tried setting up OSA on a non-Starter OS and seen if its any better? I don't have much experience with that edition of Win 7.

Jon

skyemoor

#7 Post by skyemoor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Jon, I could upgrade this netbook to find out, though I'm reluctant to spend the money to then possibly find out it still doesn't work. I plan to try out LinuxMCE if I can't get OSA running.

I realize that if OSA does work on this version, I'll need to update anyway if I need to use Speech 11, as it works on all versions of Win 7 except Starter.

Given that there are many 100s of millions of these Atom netbooks floating around, they would fit a lightweight HA role fairly well if they can be utilized as such. I'm hoping to make progress to that end, though am at a stuck point right now and need help.

The interesting thing is OSAE shows up in the Services as "Starting", but never gets past that point. My login has Admin privileges, and I can start/stop other services, so am puzzled by this one. Any ideas, or any clues from the log files attached a couple of posts further up?

skyemoor

#8 Post by skyemoor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:45 am

On a strictly trial basis to address Jon's question, I switched over to my daughter's Dell laptop, Windows 7 Professional SP1, with an i7, 4G, 64 bit.

I ran into the exact same problem, and have attached the OSA logs and show event excerpts (most are repeated several times) from the event viewer here, first one at 8:31:50 AM;
Faulting application name: OSAEService.exe, version: 0.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x51ec69cd
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.1008, time stamp: 0x517a18ff
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x000000000024cdfa
Faulting process id: 0x11e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cec4eb9740d360
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\OSA\OSAEService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: d53728e8-30de-11e3-afe1-90004eece786
The exception code in the MS event log 0xC00000FD, which I understand to mean STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW

Another event that was popping up was (first one at 8:32:00 AM);
A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the OSAE Service service to connect.
And then the one that shows up on the error popup when the install stops (8:33:11am);
Product: Open Source Automation - Server x64 -- Error 1920. Service 'OSAE Service' (OSAE) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
There was one statement in the OSA log that caught my eye;
Condition '((VersionNT >= v5.1) AND (ServicePackLevel >= 3)) OR ((VersionNT >= v5.2) AND (ServicePackLevel >= 2)) OR ((VersionNT >= v6.0) AND (ServicePackLevel >= 2) OR (VersionNT >= v6.0))' evaluates to true.
Is that right?

Does this information provide any clarity or fault isolation help?

Is there anything else I can add?
Attachments
Open_Source_Automation_-_Server_20131009095526.log
(7.38 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
OSAE Service.log
(752 Bytes) Downloaded 98 times

Automate

#9 Post by Automate » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:42 pm

You may be having problems with the 3rd party web server that is installed along with OSA.

You could try downloading and installing it separtely from here http://ultidev.com/download/RegisterAnd ... d559d6ca60

skyemoor

#10 Post by skyemoor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:43 pm

The events related to the UltiDev service (and others) are;

The UWS HiPriv Services service entered the running state. 8:30:44
The Multimedia Class Scheduler service entered the stopped state. 8:30:44
The UWS LoPriv Services service entered the running state. 8:30:45
The UltiDev Web Server Pro service entered the running state. 8:30:55
The Multimedia Class Scheduler service entered the running state. 8:31:12
The Windows Error Reporting Service service entered the running state. 8:31:23

The UWS HiPriv, LoPriv, and UltiDev services are still running at I type.

There are events that show the services being installed, too, including OSAE;
A service was installed in the system.

Service Name: OSAE Service
Service File Name: "C:\Program Files\OSA\OSAEService.exe"
Service Type: user mode service
Service Start Type: auto start
Service Account: LocalSystem
There was an odd Net BT event that conceivably could have something to do with this;
The name "WILL-PC :0" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.0.18x. The computer with the IP address 192.168.0.19x did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer.
[Note: I hid the last number of the LAN addresses for security reasons]

Anything else I need to be checking?