Installation Common Problems - PLEASE READ

Post here if you are having difficulty getting OSA up and running
dmontoya

Re: Installation Common Problems - PLEASE READ

#31 Post by dmontoya » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:28 am

I tried what you described and still get the same messages. I use a stock Lenovo desktop with an E8400 processor and Windows 7. I currently run Openremote 2.1 and I stop it to do the installation of OSA.

Datahead

#32 Post by Datahead » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:47 am

Well darn it... Is the system 64 bit? It should run on Win 7 no problem. Could you screen shoot the Errors you are getting? I'll do the best I can to get you up and running.

I use Open remote as well for my android touch pads so that isn't the problem..

dmontoya

#33 Post by dmontoya » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:09 am

It is 64bit. I just un-installed everything again so I am not able to get screen shots. I'm at the point now where I'll probably just stick with Openremote or continue searching for another system. Openremote seems to have quit developing the free version, but at least it works. Thanks for the help.

mpinnie

#34 Post by mpinnie » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi I am also having the same problems sins 0.4.5 came out I am trying to get it to work I used both a 64 and 32bit pc with win7 nothing else on but the newest version of net framework and 5 different versions of visual redist then I tried the latest 10 versions of MySQL to get it to work but every time i get different error and I am sure that the MySQL is working I can connect with Navicat and MySQL Workshop. With some versions the osa database installs but with others it doesn't and even if it installs the osa service does not start.
If somebody knows what the problem is and could help me that would be awesome because I really like osa and the 0.4.3 version runs great.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#35 Post by Vaughn » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:13 pm

mpinnie wrote:Hi I am also having the same problems sins 0.4.5 came out I am trying to get it to work I used both a 64 and 32bit pc with win7 nothing else on but the newest version of net framework and 5 different versions of visual redist then I tried the latest 10 versions of MySQL to get it to work but every time i get different error and I am sure that the MySQL is working I can connect with Navicat and MySQL Workshop. With some versions the osa database installs but with others it doesn't and even if it installs the osa service does not start.
If somebody knows what the problem is and could help me that would be awesome because I really like osa and the 0.4.3 version runs great.
I am not sure what you guys are experiencing. OSA is definitely 64 bit now, so I can cut what people are trying in half right there. I have never heard of any issues with any Visual Studio redist. For MySQL, the installer handles all that, but anything 5.6 or newer will work if the OSA installer is not putting it on. (OSA 046 shipped with MySQL 5.6.26, 047 is shipping with MySQL 5.6.27)

Now, I tried to load the 046 DB manually, and I got an error in the data from the default images that were shipping with it. In OSA 047, I deleted the images for rooms and people and only left some tiny stock images. I am hoping that this is what is causing the DB to not load for some people, but it is just a guess as others have gotten it to work.

I will also load this next DB manually before I ship it out and make sure there are no errors.

We are working on the 047 release testing right now, and it should be testable next week. If any of you new users would like to try it before it goes public to avoid these release issues, I will post it in the forums for people to try first.

I would update the main page to warn people not to download OSA for general use, but have been just trying to get another build out and have procrastinated rewording the web site. I need help to get the installation process down, but this version is not changing much regarding MySQL, but I am hopeful, but it may even take a couple more releases and more users testing before anything stable is ready.

Vaughn

kherron

#36 Post by kherron » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:24 pm

My issue with the DB failing to load was the extra digits that we added to the timestamps was not supported in my version of MySQL.

Not sure if it's a MySQL thing or not, but totally removing MySQL and re-installing 5.6.26 fixed my issues, and the installer ran all the way through with NO errors.

mpinnie

#37 Post by mpinnie » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi, the there is no visual redist problem i only told you what i had on my pc at that time. If I install osa 0.4.6 the error I'm getting is in the attached file.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (116.33 KiB) Viewed 13366 times

mpinnie

#38 Post by mpinnie » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:50 pm

Ok well I got it working I have no idea how but it works. :D :D :D :D

kherron

#39 Post by kherron » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:35 am

GREAT NEWS :!: