Installation Common Problems - PLEASE READ

Post here if you are having difficulty getting OSA up and running
ITguy

Re: Installation Common Problems - PLEASE READ

#21 Post by ITguy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:22 am

Automate wrote:Screens is just a rename of the OSA GUI app.
Does that mean I can use the Screens app to show the GUI on other machines in the network, even though they don't have the OSA Client installed?

Automate

#22 Post by Automate » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 am

Yes, you just can't run plugins on the client if you don't run the OSA client service.

ITguy

#23 Post by ITguy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Automate wrote:Yes, you just can't run plugins on the client if you don't run the OSA client service.
Thanks! I did a clean install of the Screens, Windows XP, "client" machine. In the OSA folder, the only contents I have are:

MjpegProcessor.dll
MySQL.data.dll
OSA.png
OSAE.API.dll
OSAE.GUI.exe
OSAE.UI.Controls.dll

If I run OSAE.GUI.exe, it shows as an active task, but nothing on the screen, nothing in the task bar, etc. Is something missing here or am I missing a step?

BTW, thanks for your patience. I'm trying to get up to speed!

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#24 Post by bwoodworth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:46 pm

When you did the install did it ask you for the Server ip address?
Brian

ITguy

#25 Post by ITguy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:50 pm

bwoodworth wrote:When you did the install did it ask you for the Server ip address?
No! It didn't ask for anything! Just to be sure I hadn't missed it, I just did an uninstall, then re-ran the install. No request for a server I.P.

Found it! When you do a client uninstall, the uninstall program does not remove the registry key that points to the server! Since I had the original client pointed to my production server, I guess it found that key and didn't prompt. Since I was running the test server (different I.P.), the screens program didn't work. Left the registry key unchanged, brought up the production server, screens program works fine!

Might want to put that registry thing on the fix list. :lol:

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#26 Post by bwoodworth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks. We need to be sure to prompt for the server IP even if the reg keys exist
Brian

dmontoya

#27 Post by dmontoya » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:57 pm

I would like to try your system, but I cannot get it installed. I have tried to install version 0.4.6, but it was installing SQL 4.7 and it seemed like OSA wouldn't work because it wanted SQL 4.6. I removed it and tried to install SQL 4.6 prior to installing OSA 0.4.5 and when I try to click the OSA Icon, I get the error Access denied for user 'osae'@'localhost' (using password: YES). I tried giving the osae user super user privileges as another forum post suggested, but I still get the same error and when I try to open the manager, Windows states that OSA Manager has stopped working. Any help would be appreciated.

Datahead

#28 Post by Datahead » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:17 am

dmontoya,
Sorry for the delay. It has been real busy around here. Could you please give me more information about your system?

As to doing a fresh install if you already have MySQL install, go into MySql workbench and drop the schema osae. after that delete the osae user from MySql.

Once that is finished, go in and make sure you have uninstalled OSA completely and delete the OSA directory from the Program Files directory as well.

Then reinstall OSA 4.6. My SQL will come up asking to install the Database. Change the user to root with the password "password" which is the default password for the root user in MySQL. It should tell you the Database is installed. Then just let the installation finish.

Let me know if this works and if not I will try to get you up and running. Welcome to OSA.

Datahead

dmontoya

#29 Post by dmontoya » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Do I uninstall UltiDev as well?

Datahead

#30 Post by Datahead » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:44 pm

dmontoya wrote:Do I uninstall UltiDev as well?
I'm pretty sure you can leave that application.