Installation Common Problems - PLEASE READ

Post here if you are having difficulty getting OSA up and running
walberg

Re: Installation Common Problems - PLEASE READ

#11 Post by walberg » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am

Yes i have a osae.sql but how do i get it in the workbench? sql is not a workbench file. When i click on osae.sql it is not opened. The error i get when i open osa manager or GUI is that the mysql service is not running. How do i start the service and how do i know the service is working? Normally in my mac when i am working with Joomla local i have mamp and i have two green lights dat are indicating that the mysql is running.

When ik start firefox (windows version) and do 127.0.0.1:3306 i got this:

N���
5.6.10-log���WwqP~H-G�ÿ÷!�€����������_)Iv8Sy(UT(e�mysql_native_password�!��ÿ„#08S01Got packets out of order

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#12 Post by bwoodworth » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 am

osae.sql is just the script used to install the database. It isn't that actual database. YOu should be able to see what databases are installed using Workbench. Here is a good tutorial: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/w ... admin.html
Brian

walberg

#13 Post by walberg » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:19 am

I made a new service instance, just like in your link, .... succesfully but then starting osa, theres no connection. i have 3 instances on the workbench. delete all instances, ... emty al 3 rows. restart and... 3 instances. I really want to delete all distances. So we are sure it is clean, but when i restart the instances there are always 2 instances back again??? local mysql and local mysql56

walberg

#14 Post by walberg » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:23 pm

re installed my sql package again, first remove restart and re install, directly made a user. Reinstalled OSA server, This wil start now. Client can not install (but i think it is using files that are in use by the server program.

Automate

#15 Post by Automate » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:02 pm

You don't need to install the client on the server computer. A server install includes the GUI (client)

nptohc

#16 Post by nptohc » Fri May 03, 2013 7:34 am

Having just encountered a problem with the MYSQL part of the installation - I would recommend any users having the "MYSQL terminated unexpectedly" problem to check the "my.ini" file that MYSQL uses (it lives in the same folder MYSQL lives in) and verify that the line "datafile=" points to a real location - on my system this was pointing to "c:\programdata" which doesn't exist - I changed the line to point to "c:/program files/mysql/data" and the service started without problems.

ITguy

Client install/run for 0.4.3?

#17 Post by ITguy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:52 am

Since there's no longer a client install download for 0.4.3, has the "Screens" installer taken it's place?
If yes, after you install it, how do you configure and use it?

Thanks!

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#18 Post by bwoodworth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:04 am

The client installer has not been released yet. The Screens installer just installs the Screens app for use on other machines throughout your network. Hopefully we will get the client installer completed and released soon.
Brian

ITguy

#19 Post by ITguy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:09 am

bwoodworth wrote:...just installs the Screens app for use on other machines throughout your network.
One more dumb question - what does the Screens app do and how do you use it?

Automate

#20 Post by Automate » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:15 am

Screens is just a rename of the OSA GUI app.