[Official Thread] VR Support thread

AlexSG

Re: [Official Thread] VR Support thread

#11 Post by AlexSG » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Never mind. Found the Owner settings under Object Types.

Ha! Works perfectly. Yay.

AlexSG

#12 Post by AlexSG » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:29 pm

Not sure if you saw this in the earlier post. If it is possible with the VR client outside of OSA that would be nice. Leaving a computer logged in and or unlocked all the time is not something I usually do.

EDITED a bit.
AlexSG wrote: Feature Request for VR. Can you add an option to run as a service instead of user mode? I would like to be able to use it from a locked or logged out server. Is this possible with an application that uses mic input?

Also locking computer puts the VR Client into a stopped state and it will not respond after you unlock the PC. Shows on screen I hear Stopped. You have to exit and restart VR.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#13 Post by Vaughn » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:26 pm

The VR system is set up as a service, inside of the SPEECH client. There is an issue when running it as a service though, so while that issue is being wroked, I have released the standalone version.

The exact same code is in the SPEECH system, but in there, the Speech.NET recognition object's events do not fire. Some form of instancing issue that I have Googled over and over.

I will continue to do experiments and try it in C# and eventually, VR.exe would go away.

If anyone is a better programmer than me and wants to tell me how to get those events, it would only take an hour to get everthing else in the service up to date...

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#14 Post by Vaughn » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Here is the details of the issue with the service:

SpeechRecognitionEngine oRecognizer = new SpeechRecognitionEngine();

oRecognizer.SpeechRecognized += new EventHandler<SpeechRecognizedEventArgs>(oRecognizer_SpeechRecognized);

That is exactly the same in Winform, WPF, and DLL versions of the application, except in the DLL version, that event on the second line never gets raised.

Googling give some hints that in the DLL, the oRecognized is being instanced in a different thread, so the main thread never sees the events.

Vaughn

AlexSG

#15 Post by AlexSG » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Moved OSA to Windows Server 2008 x86.

Sound card is installed.

VR will not start. Any ideas?

12/18/2011 06:12:09.402 PM - Error activating plugin (Speech-ALDERAN): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at System.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.Initialize(SapiRecognizer recognizer, Boolean inproc)
at System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.get_RecoBase()
at System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.add_AudioStateChanged(EventHandler`1 value)
at OSAE.Speech.Speech.set_oRecognizer(SpeechRecognitionEngine WithEventsValue)
at OSAE.Speech.Speech..ctor()
Attachments
SVR08_X86.jpg
SVR08_X86.jpg (26.76 KiB) Viewed 5713 times

Vaughn
Site Admin

#16 Post by Vaughn » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:03 pm

I rewrote both the Speech plugin and the VR client. They are both now 3.3.4. Pretty much done with the release, I just have to clean up plugin versions and add a couple object types to the install SQL. I had a few really long days though and kinda took the weekend off.

I added TTS Volume and Rate to the Speech client, testing playing media files directly and from playlists... I also removed all SQL from the code, it is 100% API driven now...

Will get back on it tomorrow though and have an update in a couple days.

I tried to shoot a demo video of it and a couple other things, but I can't get Camtasia to record. First time trying on this laptop.

Vaughn

AlexSG

#17 Post by AlexSG » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Oh... that sounds very nice. I will wait for the new release. Thanks!

mycroft

#18 Post by mycroft » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi guys. I am new to OSA, and just starting to play around with the Speech and VR plugins. After reading the various forum posts, I am unclear if the VR plugin still needs to be run standalone (OSAE.VR.exe), or if the service version is now working? Also, if the service version is working, is it part of the speech client, or is there a separate plugin for VR someplace?

Thanks for the help,
-Kyle

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#19 Post by bwoodworth » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:37 pm

The VR plugin still needs to be run from the stand alone app.
Brian

Vaughn
Site Admin

#20 Post by Vaughn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Basically, VR can never work from a service because it requires a profile. So, VR cannot be added to the Speech service, BUT the speech and media players can be added to the VR executable. Service would be best, but if you can't have it, and you use VR and Speech alot, it may be worth it to have them in the same app to avoid it hearing itself better than the current Ignore feature is doing.

I guess it only takes a few minutes to copy the code over, so if I can't tweek the Ignore method well enough or people want me to do it sooner, I can release a copy of VR that is combined with speech. With a little more time I guess I can make it a switchable option in the combined app to allow the same app to work either way...

Vaughn