VR Name Change

Vaughn
Site Admin

VR Name Change

#1 Post by Vaughn » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:43 am

Is VR is commonly used for Virtual Reality, I thin renaming OSAE.VR to OSA.Voice would make it a little more clear.

I also want to add a link to launch the voice app to Manager like the WebUI and Screens are.

If there are no objections, I will open a ticket and to that this weekend.

I am also going to make VR on startup be more vocal and ask who you are and tell you what mode it is in to make it more obvious what needs to be said to get it to start listening. (you have to give wake up command and tell it who you are the first time it starts up, currently the order that those need to be done is not real obvious.)

Vaughn

kherron

Re: VR Name Change

#2 Post by kherron » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:25 pm

No Objections here!

I'm having an issue getting mine to wake up, I tell it to sleep.
For example, if I say "Thank you", then later say "Computer", it does not wake back up?

Could be something on my setup though, I will wait till your done with the changes.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#3 Post by Vaughn » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:25 am

Hmm, have not had trouble with it, but I use it so much I may have learned to pronounce things they way I learned it wants things said.

I change it so much, so I can't promise without looking, but you should be able to change the wake phrase to something you would prefer to say. Same with the sleep phrase, but I have been using the defaults for a long time. If those features give you any troubles, let me know. That is my favorite app, even though it has many hours of work waiting still, so please make requests until it is something you really like.

Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin

#4 Post by Vaughn » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:59 am

Changes done and went well. Well, name changes are all committed, and Manager can launch it now, I did not make any functional changes to VR/Voice.

Vaughn