Need Help Using X10 Firecracker, CM17A

yoonmetoo

Re: Need Help Using X10 Firecracker, CM17A

#11 Post by yoonmetoo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks for the 1-wire information. I did not know about that technology. It looks pretty good and very simple to implement. I will probably end up using the 1-wire devices as it would give me a lot more flexibility than the snap disc switch.
Q: What lengths of wire have you used in placing the sensor devices?
My initial project will all be in the space of about 6 feet or so, so no problem there. I can think of other uses for 1-wire though and that would require longer runs. Also, with longer runs, I would have more freedom in placing the controlling computer.
Don
Don

dbemowsk

Re: Need Help Using X10 Firecracker, CM17A

#12 Post by dbemowsk » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:14 pm

yoonmetoo wrote:Q: What lengths of wire have you used in placing the sensor devices?
In my setup, the longest run is ~100 feet give or take 15 feet as I never measured it out. I have read posts in different forums though of people that have successfully run 200 feet plus with good results.

Responding to this thread over the past days has sparked me to do a little write up on my 1-wire setup that I have posted to my website.

If you have any more questions about how to set this up, I would be glad to help.

Dan