Seting Up X10 CM11 Support Please

mngamotu

Seting Up X10 CM11 Support Please

#1 Post by mngamotu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:54 am

Hello All,

I have just replaced my automation computer with a new system instead of being Windows XP I'm now using Windows Server 2003. I have just installed OSA system, just tryed to setup my X10 CM11 Programmable PC Interface Module and now can't get the OSAE Manager to start. it just wont start.

as before when the guy loged in to my computer he could not get it started, If anyone can help would me most helpful

Please log in and help me get setup as I'm not very good at this,

also I would realy love to now about your Magic Box Mic System, How it works and the parts list and Diregram so I can get my Tech to make me a few for each room here

this is what I need

1 List of Parts used
2 Parts Mapping IE Dire-gram
3 How its Wired in to the automation
So that My Tech can build it for me

also I love the sound of the Voice that your vcrib useing how can I get a copy of that setup
also I would love to know how to setup my system to act like your vcrib's Alarm System and how she speaks those funny things

This is the X10 Parts I'm using

1 X X10 Programmable PC Interface Module
2 x X10 RF Transceiver Interface Module X10 Code A01 & B01
1 x DIY X10 Appliance Module X10 Code A07
2x DIY X10 Lamp Module X10 Code A08
3x X10 Socket Module Receiver - Bayonet X10 Code A02 & A05 & A03
2x Hawkeye X10 RF Motion Sensor X10 Code A04 & A11

IF Someone Please help me set this up it woudl be realy good
and I allso cant get the speach Rec to work and for it to talk back to me Please help

Thanks

Manu Ngamotu

Oh PS the Computer is On so you can login at anytime.

Vaughn
Site Admin

Re: Seting Up X10 CM11 Support Please

#2 Post by Vaughn » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:02 am

If the service is not responding and you exit the Manager.exe, it does not truely stop. If you go into Task Manager, you will see the OSAE.Service and OSAE.Manager still running.

End Task the service and the manager will stop too. Now you can run the manager again.

I am a little confused as we do not have a plugin for the CM11A, only the CM15A (or other controllers that use the same X10 ActiveHome SDK. I have a CM11A and will code support for it over the next couple days... I will release the CM11A support during our next release on the 31st, as I can not publish anything against the current release because there have been so many changes in the way things work, all the new plugins will need the next release to be published at the same time...

The Manager and Service have been getting some attention and they are our core system, so we will continue to improve them.

Vaughn

mngamotu

#3 Post by mngamotu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:42 pm

OSAE Manager: The OSAE Service is Stopped And when I click Start it says Starting and then it gos back to stop by it self

your co worker did tell me that he will get you to log in at set this up for me I stayed up till 1 am hoping that you will log in are you able to login and fix this for me as I would realy like to use this today?

mngamotu

#4 Post by mngamotu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:54 pm

In the Windows Event Viewer its saying this

Event Type: Information
Event Source: MySQL
Event Category: None
Event ID: 100
Date: 5/01/2011
Time: 7:52:17 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ALBERT-HOME-AUT
Description:
Event Scheduler: [root@localhost].[osae.osae_ev_minute_maint] event execution failed.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com.

and this one as well

Event Scheduler: [root@localhost][osae.osae_ev_off_timer] No data - zero rows fetched, selected, or processed

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#5 Post by Vaughn » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:10 pm

So you downloaded the 0.1.0 package, got MySQL working, and you are trying to start the service, but having problems?

What plugins are you running? I would start with just a couple, like Network Monitor and Speech. If you are trying to run a plugin that is missing hardware, that plugin will fail and on the 0.1.0 version, would stop the entire service.

The MySQL Error you got, is a MYSQL Event and is not used by any application/service. It should not have anything to do with the service starting. You should have a logs directory, and you can read the Service Log and check for errors in there. Each plugin you are trying to run has a log in that directory too. So if you have having a plugin issue, you should find the error in there.

Vaughn

mngamotu

#6 Post by mngamotu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 pm

are you able to login, like your co worker did tell me, that he would get you to login, to fix it and to set it up for me.

I realy would like to use this now and I have been wating for a while

I can give you logmein.com user name and passeord

Vaughn
Site Admin

#7 Post by Vaughn » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:31 pm

I am working at my day job. Perhaps later. I am talking to Brian to find out what he tried for you also and see if there is something that I may do.

Vaughn

mngamotu

#8 Post by mngamotu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:33 pm

ok thanks what time is it there so i know when you maybe finishing

mngamotu

#9 Post by mngamotu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:44 pm

I have Stoped all Services in the OSA Objects and it still Not starting

What am I doing wrong?

Vaughn
Site Admin

#10 Post by Vaughn » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:53 pm

You don't stop them from Objects. You can disable them from there, but the best thing to do is to only put the Plugins you want to run in the .\plugins subdirectory.

So I would stop the service, and remove all the plugins you may have in there except the basics (Script Processor, Speech, Network Monitor, and maybe Email.) Remember you are removing the directory in the plugin directory...

Brian said you were running when he was done. You can not run the CM15A plugin with the CM11A though. You will not have X10 working until either you get another controller or I have time to write a CM11A plugin.

Even if I could finish the CM11A plugin tonight, I can not release it until our next release, which is Jan 31.

Vaughn