CM15a/19a only one device.

robhaynes

CM15a/19a only one device.

#1 Post by robhaynes » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:42 pm

I'm not sure this is specific to this plugin, but it seems that I can only control on device with a CM15a/19a plugin. I add the first device object to control an X10 relay at address C2. From that tab I execute the ON and OFF methods. Everything works fine. The log shows the on and off events. I add a second device at C3. Nothing happens when I execute the ON and OFF methods except for a display update. Nothing is added to the log. I delete the first one at address C2. Now the C3 device is controlled fine, and the log show events for C3. In the screens GUI I can right-click add-control, but nothing shows up on the screen for the second. The Objects tab shows the device and the screens object, but it doesn't show up on the screen.

I am new at this, so its quite possible I'm doing something fundamentally wrong. I still haven't found a good tutorial so I'm fumbling around.

Automate

Re: CM15a/19a only one device.

#2 Post by Automate » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:24 am

Are both of the X10 devices of Object Type X10 relay? Make sure their Object Type is Owned By your CM15 plugin.

It is usually best to get things working on the Web Objects page using Methods before moving on to the GUI Screens app.

kherron

#3 Post by kherron » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:19 am

Make sure their Object Type is Owned By your CM15 plugin.
As Automate explained:
Go to the "Object Types" screen in the web UI.
(if running the updated Web Server, it should be under "Management")
Find all 4 X-10 devices, and go ahead and set the "Ownership" to your CM15A/19A plugin.

Open the Manager, then Stop/Start the service.
Add the other device back, using the "Objects" page in the web UI.

Then try executing methods on both devices.

robhaynes

#4 Post by robhaynes » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:07 am

Both objects are of type X10 Relay, and since one of them works it must be owned by the CM15a. I've tried to run the methods from the objects screen. One works, one doesn't.

robhaynes

#5 Post by robhaynes » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:09 am

Since only one of the objects can be added sucessfully to the screen, I thought that might be some clue as to why the second won't work.

kherron

#6 Post by kherron » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:07 am

Could you provide some screen shots.

1) "Objects Type" showing the X-10 devices
2) "Objects" showing your added devices
3) CM15A Log

These will help us see and understand your situation better.

Vaughn
Site Admin

#7 Post by Vaughn » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:06 pm

robhaynes wrote:Since only one of the objects can be added sucessfully to the screen, I thought that might be some clue as to why the second won't work.

It may be, as I can not understand how only 1 can be added to the screen. In what way does it only allow 1? Does the second object not showup in the Object list, or are you adding both, and only 1 is showing up, etc.

Vaughn

robhaynes

#8 Post by robhaynes » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:16 pm

What a difference a day makes. I deleted all the objects I created, rebooted, and recreated everything. As best as I can recall, everything in the object display now looks like it did when it didn't work, except that now it DOES work. I can create multiple switches in the screen now. But to answer your question when I could only create one, the two object would show up in the object display, but only one icon would be in the image.

kherron

#9 Post by kherron » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:24 am

@robhaynes,

Glad to hear you got it cleared up. :D
Sometimes a Re-Boot and starting over is the best solution of all. :lol:

Just to Ask, are you referring to the Screens App, or the Screens tab in the Web UI?

Also, I have seen where when I create a State Image in the Screen App, it does not always show up at first.
However, if I close the Screen app, then Re-Open it, the new image is there.
It doesn't seem to happen to me every time, but it has happened to me several times.

You could have been experiencing this and just didn't realize it.
Every time you create a screen control/object, it will appear on the Objects page.
If you do not see the image appear on the screens app, go to the Object page in the Web UI and see if it is in your list.

If it is, try closing and re-opening the screens app.
If Not, then it was not added successfully.

You can actually add Screen controls from the Objects page of the Web UI manually.
Then launch the Screen App to see if they work!

Good Luck with your build! Glad to have you on board!

Vaughn
Site Admin

#10 Post by Vaughn » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:16 am

Also, the controls on the Screen only respond to known states. Sometime when you create a new object, it's state will be blank until you turn it on and off. Once it is ON or OFF (or some other known state), the screen will then show it.

Vaughn