v0.3.17 - Added tamper alarm support for door/window sensors. More devices supported. Updated OZW library.
v0.3.3 - Added Node neighbor update and enable polling methods to each device object type. Compiled with the latest OpenZWave library.
v0.3.1 - Added Support for Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch and Home Energy Monitor
v0.2.6 - Added support for changing unit mode and fan mode
v0.2.3 - Added Heat and Cool setpoint support for thermostats
If you are having problem getting the Z-Wave plugin to work please make sure you have the .NET 2.0 framework installed. You can download it here.
Device Support Requests
There are hundreds of Z-Wave devices on the market which is great for us, but also can make it difficult to make sure Open Source Automation supports each type of device. The only way I can add support for devices that I do not own is either by generous people donating the hardware or with the help of users that already have the device. If you fall into the second category and would like to have your device supported, please follow these steps.
1. Make sure your device has been included in your network.
2. Start OSA, set the Debug property on the SYSTEM object to TRUE and enable the ZWave plugin
3. Monitor the ZWave log and wait until the line "All Nodes Queries" appears. This may take a minute or two as the plugin queries all the nodes on your network.
4. Stop OSA
5. Download the attached file and expand it somewhere on your computer.
6. Run the OZWForm program. Select the port your controller is on and click start. You will see it loading your nodes one by one.
7. Once all the nodes are loaded, right click on the device you want to add support for and select Properties.
8. Take a screenshot of the popup Properties box.
9. Try to manipulate your device as you would expect using these controls and note how your device responds to each control.
10. Reply to this thread with the following info:
a. Device name/manufacturer/link to any info
b. Node ID on your network so I can reference the logs
c. Attach a zip of the following items
- ZWave.log from OSA
- screenshot of properties window from OZWForm
- OZW_Log.txt that is created by OZWForm
Once I have all this information I can try to add support for your device.