[Official Thread] Z-Wave Plugin v0.5.1

Vaughn
Site Admin

Re: [Official Thread] Z-Wave Plugin v0.5.1

#81 Post by Vaughn » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:42 pm

I mostly create multiple objects... here are two examples:

MS16A has seperate ON/OFF for motion and for photocell. So I create a "Living Room Motion Detector" and a "Living Room PhotoCell" object to hold those states.

The second example is Phidgets 8/8/8 it has 16 Inputs and 8 Output. each of them make an object. So let's say Digital Input channel 1 is tied to the Front Door sensor, I want the Front Door to be its own object that is scripted against directly. I would hate to have to check the front door by looking at Phidget DI-1 input...

This is all determined by the plugin itself though, so you can write it to where a multi-sensor does both even, and channels a few sensors to the same object, but each relay had its own's object...

Vaughn

ITguy

Re: not all properties created under 0.5.4

#82 Post by ITguy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:44 am

Brian,

I went back and installed 0.5.3 under OSA 0.4.3, and it has the same problem. This makes me wonder if the problem really lies with the 0.4.3 GUI function for "add property label" instead. What SQL table would I query to see all the properties that got loaded for an object?

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#83 Post by bwoodworth » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:59 am

ITguy wrote:Brian,

I went back and installed 0.5.3 under OSA 0.4.3, and it has the same problem. This makes me wonder if the problem really lies with the 0.4.3 GUI function for "add property label" instead. What SQL table would I query to see all the properties that got loaded for an object?
osae_object_property has the info you are looking for. You can run this query by changing the object name:

SELECT * FROM osae_v_object_property WHERE object_name='Office Floor Lamp';
Brian

ITguy

#84 Post by ITguy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:04 pm

bwoodworth wrote:
ITguy wrote:Brian,

osae_object_property has the info you are looking for. You can run this query by changing the object name:

SELECT * FROM osae_v_object_property WHERE object_name='Office Floor Lamp';
OK, the problem is verified as being in the plugin. The table contains only those properties that are shown in the "add property label", not the whole list of properties that were placed in zwcfg_?.xml.

I also notice light level and temperature were not added to zwcfg_?.xml, so part of the problem may be with Open Z-wave.

Maybe it would be possible to write a freestanding tool to "Refresh/add object properties from z-wave config file"?

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#85 Post by bwoodworth » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Most likely this issue is that the device was asleep when it was first queried. I would delete the zwcfg file and restart the ZWave plugin. Make sure the device is awake
Brian

ITguy

#86 Post by ITguy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:07 pm

bwoodworth wrote:Most likely this issue is that the device was asleep when it was first queried. I would delete the zwcfg file and restart the ZWave plugin. Make sure the device is awake
Yep, that's what I did. I know that the device was definitely awake when I started OSA. This particular device stays awake 10 minutes after a manual wakeup. I also tried stopping OSA, deleting the info for that node from zwcfg and deleting the object from OSA, then restarting OSA. Same result.

I'll do that again tomorrow to get a fresh set of logs for the 0.5.4 plugin with OSA 0.4.3 and we'll see what we get. This time I'll pay particular attention to OZW_log to make sure the temperature and light level properties got queried and responded.

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#87 Post by bwoodworth » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Have you tried deleting the entire zwcfg file and not just the parts with that device? There may be other bits that are affecting it
Brian

ITguy

#88 Post by ITguy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:41 am

bwoodworth wrote:Have you tried deleting the entire zwcfg file and not just the parts with that device? There may be other bits that are affecting it
Yep! Tried it both ways. I had an idea late last night. The multisensor's default setting for "auto-report temp, humidity, and light level" is off for all three. I'm thinking that when the auto-report is off, it doesn't even respond to queries, thus Open Z-wave isn't getting the info. I have to be out today, but will give that a try this afternoon.

ITguy

Re: not all properties created under 0.5.4 - SOLVED

#89 Post by ITguy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:39 am

ITguy wrote:The multisensor's default setting for "auto-report temp, humidity, and light level" is off for all three. I'm thinking that when the auto-report is off, it doesn't even respond to queries, thus Open Z-wave isn't getting the info.
That was it! Why a manufacturer would choose to implement functions in this manner is beyond me, but at least now we know the work-around.

ITguy

#90 Post by ITguy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:05 am

Brian,

This may not be possible, but I had the idea and wanted to pass it along. Does the zwcfg_??.xml file contain all the info necessary for OSA to create an object and all its properties? If so, could you add a routine at the end of the z-wave start-up (after OZW has finished adding any new devices to zwcfg_??.xml) that would read each device in zwcfg_??.xml and check the OSA database to see if a node exists with that address, then create the basic OSA device and properties if it does not? This would eliminate the need to keep deleting the zwcfg_??.xml file in order to get all the OSA devices created.

If the above is possible, then a "wishlist" item would be to have a "refresh properties" option in the web GUI that would allow a user to select a z-wave device and have OSA rebuild all the properties for the object without changing the object name. That would create a graceful way to handle the situation where a firmware update changes the properties for an existing device.