[Official Thread] Z-Wave Plugin v0.5.1

bwoodworth
Site Admin

[Official Thread] Z-Wave Plugin v0.5.1

#1 Post by bwoodworth » Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 am

I have released a new version of the ZWave plugin. It is very different from the older versions. It has been designed to dynamically create object types for all devices that are on the ZWave network. This way nearly all devices will be supported and will not need to be added manually.

If you have an older version of the ZWave plugin I suggest you delete all of your ZWave objects in OSA to allow the plugin to create them.

Please post any questions you have in this thread and I will do my best to answer.

Edit: You will need to install the MS Visual C++ libraries here to get the ZWave plugin to work
Brian

ITguy

Re: [Official Thread] Z-Wave Plugin v0.5.0

#2 Post by ITguy » Thu May 23, 2013 10:56 am

Hi Brian,

A couple of questions and suggestions:

Questions:
What "build number" of Open Z-wave was used for the new plug-in?

Would it be possible for you to create a new version of OZWform.exe for that build number? The version currently on the forum errors out if used with the new OpenZwaveDotNet.dll.

Suggestions:
When recreating OpenZwaveDotNet.dll, put the Open Z-Wave "build number" somewhere in the dll "properties".

When revising the Zwave plugin, always include a version of OZWform.exe that matches the dll build. That would make it much easier to debug any problems and help determine if the issue is in Open Zwave or in OSA.

Thanks,
ITguy

bwoodworth
Site Admin

Re: [Official Thread] Z-Wave Plugin v0.5.1

#3 Post by bwoodworth » Thu May 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I just released a new version with minor updates. I added a version number to the OpenZWave dll and included the OZWForms app built with that version of the dll. Hopefully that will help with troubleshooting.
Brian

ITguy

#4 Post by ITguy » Thu May 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Super!! Thanks! That will come in handy for tomorrow's experments.

ITguy

ITguy

#5 Post by ITguy » Sat May 25, 2013 10:47 am

Brian,

I noticed your post on the OZW forum about switch on/off not working with latest build. Just wanted to confirm that I'm experiencing the same. I'm suspending testing until the OZW folks figure it out.

I also noticed that the Aeon Multi-Sensor does not seem to show all it's properties. Just shows motion sense and battery level. I'll confirm this when the next version of the plugin is released.

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#6 Post by bwoodworth » Sat May 25, 2013 1:38 pm

If you feel adventurous you could download the 0.4.0 version of the plugin and copy in the OZW dll. Just open the plugin package with winZip to pull out the dll. I have found that that version works ok.
Brian

ITguy

#7 Post by ITguy » Sat May 25, 2013 5:22 pm

I'll give that a try tomorrow. I had 0.4.0 working before, so will go back to that for the present.

Thanks!

martinrcooper

Re: [Official Thread] Z-Wave Plugin v0.5.1 doesn't work for

#8 Post by martinrcooper » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:36 pm

hi,
i have an aeon labs Z-Stick S2, a zwave binary switch (tkb brand i think) and a fibaro zwave dimmer. all worked ok with v4 of the z wave plugin. i deleted the objects and installed v5. the Z-Stick S2 appeared in the object list ( never did before !) as did the binary switch; however it showed up as :
Unknown: type=0101, id=0103
The dimmer never appeared at all, although it seems to appear in the zwave log ( attached) as z4.

however, even the binary switch doesn't work properly -if you run the "on" method, it reports the change in the log, but the actual switch doesn't turn on.

any ideas ?
Attachments
ZWave.log
(7.12 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
ZWave.log
(7.12 KiB) Downloaded 171 times

JerLarge

#9 Post by JerLarge » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:06 pm

i just got my zwave setup installed. right now its only the aeon labs s2 stick + aeon labs door/window sensor. it added itself to OSA, but the sensor shows up as

Unknown: type=0002, id=001d - Z3 UNKNOWN: TYPE=0002, ID=001D 6/16/2013 11:17:19 PM Z3

becuase i have never had it working until now, i dont really know what its supposed to be, but judging by other posts, it should show up as its actual name i thought. and because its an unknown type there are no events that i can add a script to.

what do i need to do to get this working?

JerLarge

#10 Post by JerLarge » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:42 pm

so the sensor is the aeon labs window/door newer version. it shows up as UNKNOWN: TYPE=0002, ID=001D

I can read the alarm on the back (tamper switch) no problem, it changes between 0 and 255
however i cant seem to get it to work with the magnet part at all. Do i need manually define its type to something?

There should be the tamper value, the magnet value and the battery value, however all i get are the battery and tamper.
Attachments
ZWave.log
(222.01 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
OZW_Log.txt
(27.93 KiB) Downloaded 153 times