Fresh OSA Install...Z-Wave How To

jonbenwaa

Re: Fresh OSA Install...Z-Wave How To

#11 Post by jonbenwaa » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:41 pm

And now for the webserver set up.

Let me first preface this by saying it would be advisable to set your local IP to a static one, so that you will not have issues connecting to your server in the future if you get a new ip from your router.

Here's a quick link on how to do it, but if you aren't running windows 7 simply google "set static IP (and your OS)" and I'm sure you'll find what you need.
http://blog.mclaughlinsoftware.com/2009 ... static-ip/

I set my laptop which is running OSA to 192.168.0.111

Now for the step by step.
===============================
1) Turn the Web Server plugin on

2) Make sure it's now running by going to your webserver in a browser. The wiki says it's default port is 8081. So either use localhost or your ip to access it:
localhost:8081/index.php
192.168.0.111:8081/index.php

3) Since I haven't set up an ID or password in the Objects for Web Server yet, I just hit enter. Now I'm at the login page and can see my Screen "Living Room"

4) After I click on the "Living Room" screen, the images are broken.

5) I found in another thread where you need to copy any new images you used from your OSA directory into the wwwroot directory.

Copy my images from C:\Program Files\OSA\Images to C:\Program Files\OSA\wwwroot\images

(From now on I will probably just put them in the wwwroot directory so I won't have to copy them over each time I add something new.)

6) Now everything is working well from the computer running the server, so lets try from another pc.

No good. Probably an issue with the firewall. I can set up a firewall rule to allow this later, but for now I'm just going to disable it.

Now we are good to go!

Accessing OSA from another PC on the network:

Accessing OSA from my android phone:

Might as well bookmark this so I don't have to type anything out when I want to access it later from my phone/tablet:

krish

#12 Post by krish » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Can you provide any help with setting up a custom firewall rule to allow access to the web server from other devices on the network please? I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to firewalls.. I'm using Windows Firewall btw

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#13 Post by bwoodworth » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:54 pm

I don't think you would need to set up any special firewall rule for access from other machines within your network. If you want to access it from outside your LAN you would need to forward the port you have configured to your OSA machine.
Brian

krish

#14 Post by krish » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:37 pm

I wasn't able to access the web server from any device other than the computer on which the OSA server is installed on. I allowed access (in & out) to port 8081 in Windows Firewall and I can now access the web server, login and see my screens etc. However clicking on my state image doesn't do anything when using other computers, although it does work through my main computer where OSA is installed.

Another problem is that when trying to connect using my mobile phone I can successfully login but then nothing happens. The screen shows the background and also the buttons at the bottom (ie home, system and status) but the page never fully loads, getting stuck at about 90% and then doing nothing.

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#15 Post by bwoodworth » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:52 pm

You will also need to open port 8732 to the host machine since that is the port the web service API listens on.
Brian

krish

#16 Post by krish » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:36 am

Ok that solves the problem of the state not changing from other computers, and my phone now loads the server too. However where my screen should be there is only an icon which is the same as the one which is shown if you do not put your images in the Web server image folder. Is there a separate one needed for mobile?

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#17 Post by bwoodworth » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:23 am

Screens do not show on the mobile version of the web ui. The screen shots in this thread of of the old version of the Web UI. It was completely overhauled in v0.3.9. Check out the video walkthrough of the web ui in the videos section to see what it should look like. I suspect you don't see anything else because you don't have and PLACE objects set up in your system yet.
Brian

sbonnell

#18 Post by sbonnell » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:06 am

All the images on this thread no longer seem to work. Is there any other reference on how to get the basic ZWave configuration up and running. EG where do I put the com port details for the USB controller.

Regards

Stuart

rayoder

#19 Post by rayoder » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:45 pm

That was pretty difficult for me to figure out at first too. I'm pretty new myself and wasted a lot of time trying to figure that out on my own. Turns out it is pretty easy, just go to the objects page in your web browser and click on your ZWAVE object. On the right hand side you'll see "Port" listed as a property. Click on that and a box appears that allows you to put in a port number (3 in my case). Hope that helps!