Z-Wave Commands Failing

mattw

Z-Wave Commands Failing

#1 Post by mattw » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:34 pm

I'm having a problem with Z-Wave commands that's just arisen. It was working fine on my original server, but since moving to a new machine (wanted to go back to Win7 rather then Win10), Z-Wave commands don't work. The Z-Wave plugin appears to work no probs, as in I can see all devices and their status. However whenever a method is run, I get the following errors in the server log:

DEBUG: Method in queue for: ZWave Method: Smart Energy Switch Gen5 - Z2.OFF,,
ERROR: Message: Error in QueryCommandQueue!, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at OSAE.Service.OSAEService.QueryCommandQueue()

This repeats continuously until I restart the OSAE service. I even uninstalled OSA and MySQL and reinstalled with the same result.

I have compared the Z-Wave configuration on the two servers side by side and can't find any differences. Also if I try to switch a device using zVirtualScenes, it works perfectly.

Any ideas? Feels like it should be an obvious one, but can't figure it out.

bwoodworth
Site Admin

Re: Z-Wave Commands Failing

#2 Post by bwoodworth » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:48 am

Is there anything in the ZWave log?
Brian

mattw

Re: Z-Wave Commands Failing

#3 Post by mattw » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:17 am

Okay not 100% sure what happened, but after a further rebuild it's now working!

I did find an error in another plugin installed at the same time which I generated for a distributed I/O system (I can share this once it's fully tested), in that when I created the plugin file it inadvertently included some additional files it wasn't supposed to. May have been a factor I don't know...

Anyway all good now, thanks!