Zwave Polling and Property Updates

volfan6415

Zwave Polling and Property Updates

#1 Post by volfan6415 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:54 am

Ok so first here is the problem...

I am trying to automate my CT100 thermostat so that it will turn on the Fan if it detects that the system has been idle for awhile. The reason I want to do this is that during the winter months we don't end up having to run our central AC as much because of the weather. Nice for the power bills, however, the air can get stagnant and the house starts smelling like dog :-). The CT100 thermostat has two properties that i am pretty sure i can use to help with this, operating state and fan state. However, these do not appear to update in "real time" like the temperature does. They only seem to update when the system first boots up and then periodically when the system quires all of the nodes. Enabling polling on the CT100 object doesn't seem to change this.

Now to what i have looked at in the Code:

It looks like from my reading of the Code that the only property that is getting added to the zwmanger notification stream (don't know if this is the right thing to call this) is the property valueID for Temperature (see line 895-905)

case "General Thermostat V2":
case "Heating Thermostat":
case "General Thermostat":
case "Setback Schedule Thermostat":
case "Setpoint Thermostat":
case "Setback Thermostat":
foreach (Value v in n.Values)
{
if (v.Label == "Temperature")
zv = v.ValueID;
}

My reading of this code is that for thermostat objects the only property value which is being added to polling is for the temperature values.

I'm going to download the source code and play around with this some to see if i can get to the bottom of the issue, but I would clearly appreciate any guidance from those more familiar with the zwave code.

volfan6415

Re: Zwave Polling and Property Updates

#2 Post by volfan6415 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:54 am

added the following lines and now the properties are updating in real time

if (v.Label == "Fan State") m_manager.EnablePoll(v.ValueID);
if (v.Label == "Operating State") m_manager.EnablePoll(v.ValueID);

volfan6415

#3 Post by volfan6415 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:56 am

I can understand why the system doesn't add all of the properties to the polling log. However, it would be nice if this could be configured within the system itself. Perhaps via a list of some sort on the zwave object itself?

This needs some thinking to determine how we want to do this.

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#4 Post by bwoodworth » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Thanks! I added those values along with Mode to be polled.
Brian