test script

Ask and answer questions related to any type of OSA scripting.
Vaughn
Site Admin

Re: test script

#21 Post by Vaughn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:16 am

can you look in this table: osae_object_event_script

If you deleted the objects that the script was linked to, that table should be empty.

I check the Foreign keys on that table and I am not sure they are set right. If the Object is deleted, the entry in this table should be deleted, but if the Event is deleted, it is set to Restrict, which will leave the record in there. I think the event key should also be set to cascade or set Null.

Either way, you can delete everything in this table to reset all links between scripts and Object's events.

Vaughn

Throck

#22 Post by Throck » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:35 am

Okay, that helped. There were 4 entries orphaned in the table. When I removed them the scripts stopped firing by themselves. I'll try relinking them to my Test Thing and see what happens.
Capture.png
Capture.png (9.45 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
Throck

Throck

#23 Post by Throck » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Well, I recreated the On script and linked it to Thing On and when activated, it ran away again and just kept firing.

If I have to wait for 4.4 then so be it. Any idea when that might be?
Throck

Vaughn
Site Admin

#24 Post by Vaughn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Brian and I spent many hours on it today. We got the installer figured out and working, but found a few bugs to clean up right away. Hopefully we can get thru that pretty fast, then we have to start upgrade testing, to do that, I have to load 043, so I will test your scenario once I have that loaded. Then maybe I will know what is acting up even before the release is done.

When is hard to say, not sure how many issues will crop up in testing, there are a years worth of code changes in there. I would like for it to all be done in a week, but the installer issues alone added a month of delays. I promise to let you all know how things are progressing as I work on it. Contemplating tracking progress on our Twitter account for live progress...

Can you try linking your script to another object, like the computer object that should already be there? You never put anything in the Scheduler that runs this script, eh?

Vaughn

Throck

#25 Post by Throck » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:58 pm

No, nothing in the scheduler...

Well, I have 0.4.3 on 2 PCs and nothing I've been trying to do is actually working so I have nothing to lose. If there is any way I can help with the testing please feel free to ask.
Throck