New user - this looks promising!

A place for people to share how they are using Open Source Automation and show off any projects they are working on.
seansco

New user - this looks promising!

#1 Post by seansco » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:15 am

It is a little to early for me to showcase anything but I thought I would introduce myself since I just showed up and started asking questions and asking for enhancements.

I been using Active Home Pro from X10 and their security system (DS7000) for several years. Just recently I decided to upgrade to a newer os and pc. I went to install the ActiveHome Pro and it would not install. I finally figured out that it was trying to communicate back to the x10.com download servers that did not exists any more. I have never been real happy with AHP anyway so after some searching I have decided to go with OSA. It looks like it is going to do more than AHP ever would or could. I am going to work on getting the CM15A plugin to talk "socialite" so OSA will talk to my door/window sensors, security motion sensors and security console and remotes.

Anyway that is why I showed up here.

Thanks for the help already!

Automate

Re: New user - this looks promising!

#2 Post by Automate » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:15 pm

We're glad to have another OSA user.

malik125

Re: New user - this looks promising!

#3 Post by malik125 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:58 am

I am going to work on getting the CM15A plugin to talk "socialite" so OSA will talk to my door/window sensors, security motion sensors and security console and remotes.