Share Your Screens

A place for people to share how they are using Open Source Automation and show off any projects they are working on.
bwoodworth
Site Admin

Share Your Screens

#1 Post by bwoodworth » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:19 pm

I'm starting this thread to be used as a place for people to show off their screens so others can marvel at their creativity and/or get ideas for creating their own screens. If possible/pertinent, please mention any programs used to create your screens.
Brian

Milenko

Re: Share Your Screens

#2 Post by Milenko » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:04 pm

My main screen is a crudely drawn, not to scale, mspaint drawing of my house. I will not be sharing it in it's current state.

Sorry :)

WD1234

#3 Post by WD1234 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:05 am

Try sweet home 3d to make a nice drawing of your house, it's free.
It will also do a nice 3d rendering. http://www.sweethome3d.com/index.jsp

dbemowsk

#4 Post by dbemowsk » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:16 pm

My screens are pretty basic. They are just images that I did in GIMP. I attached a copy of my main floorplan. It is in color and all, but not as cool as the 3D ones that I saw in Vaughn's videos. I think I am going to try the 3D modeling link given by WD1234. Thanks for the link.
Attachments
main_floor_sm.jpg
main_floor_sm.jpg (112.83 KiB) Viewed 11910 times

AlexSG

#5 Post by AlexSG » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:07 pm

I liked the idea that objects can be controlled by voice and from the GUI. It might be nice to have some touch screens around the home to perform certain tasks or to monitor the different states of objects. I liked Vaughn's LCARS idea so I found a few images online to play with.

This one is a rough draft. I modified it from an image on the internet with Paint.Net. I made a few state images also. The OFFLINE image is an animated gif with timing as close as I could get it to the LCARS screens in the shows. Animated png does not work with OSA.

Clicking the computer name will boot or shutdown a computer. Clicking reboot will reboot a computer. While the text is grayed out clicking does nothing. You can also perform all the same functions with Voice if you choose. All actions respond with some sort of TTS phrase.

One of the PC's on the list runs XBMC so I will be integrating Brian's basic XBMC plugin soon.
lcars.jpg
lcars.jpg (188.75 KiB) Viewed 11896 times
LCARS_Offline.gif
LCARS_Offline.gif (1.04 KiB) Viewed 11895 times

Datahead

#6 Post by Datahead » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:50 pm

This is a Work in progress, but were getting there. The property labels didn't come out to clear, but you get the idea.

daudet

#7 Post by daudet » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Well this is my main floor for now, I am just starting with OSA.
so far i have one Z-Wave lamp plug in the living room that work OK. Soon as i get my other Z-Wave module will start implementing more lights.
I also have Z-Wave thermostat in the project. By the way the Test 1 Button link to a second page.
One question if I put a link let say for Living Room that go the a second page with only the LR floor plan in 3D, can i have the same control as in the main Floor. Ex the LAMP behind the coach is working on the Main page and if i click Test 1 and get the Living diagram can i still control my Lamp from both place.

My other issue is Mobile on my Cell
One problem with the Mobile apps or Web from my cell (LTE or Wifi), HomeIP:9002 fwd to Homeautomation:8081 i get to /mobile/index/aspx and only get the Home, System and Status Tab.
Nothing with Home, under System i get Home Away Sleep and nothing on Status. Don't know how to get it to work properly.
On my Tablet (Wifi) it hit Homeautomation:8081/default.aspx and it work ok
if i use the OSA apk on tablet same result as the Cell, nothing works.

Any special config to do on server to get this Mobile Apps to work?
Attachments
My Home Floor Plan
My Home Floor Plan
2014-02-02 21-07-02.jpg (115.38 KiB) Viewed 9513 times
Daniel

Montreal Qc. Canada

kherron

#8 Post by kherron » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:16 pm

One question if I put a link let say for Living Room that go the a second page with only the LR floor plan in 3D, can i have the same control as in the main Floor. Ex the LAMP behind the coach is working on the Main page and if i click Test 1 and get the Living diagram can i still control my Lamp from both place.
I don't think this was ever answered.

YES, each screen can have what ever controls you want.

If you have a State image for a lamp on the main screen and on another screen (Living room), clicking on either image will execute the ON/OFF and will change the state image on both screens.

SO... If you turned on the light from the main screen, then went to the Living room screen, the state image for the light would be ON. If you clicked it and turned it off, then went back to the main page, it would be off here TOO!

daudet

#9 Post by daudet » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:11 pm

kherron wrote:
I don't think this was ever answered.

YES, each screen can have what ever controls you want.

If you have a State image for a lamp on the main screen and on another screen (Living room), clicking on either image will execute the ON/OFF and will change the state image on both screens.

SO... If you turned on the light from the main screen, then went to the Living room screen, the state image for the light would be ON. If you clicked it and turned it off, then went back to the main page, it would be off here TOO!

Thank for the answer i will try this soon.
Daniel

Montreal Qc. Canada

daudet

#10 Post by daudet » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Well i have done it. 2 Floors now. And device like Thermometer are shared on both floor and it work

Here is an update snapshot of my 2 floors. As you can see i have Live temperature on some room and also the Live weather from my own Weather Station.
On Main floor i also show temperature of Basement top left corner.

Now i need to get more switches and get them to work.
Main Floor
Main Floor
2014-03-07 21-16-12.jpg (151.81 KiB) Viewed 9207 times

2014-03-07 21-16-37.jpg
2014-03-07 21-16-37.jpg (101.38 KiB) Viewed 9207 times
Daniel

Montreal Qc. Canada