Vaughn's Setup

A place for people to share how they are using Open Source Automation and show off any projects they are working on.
Vaughn
Site Admin

Vaughn's Setup

#1 Post by Vaughn » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:36 am

Here is my newest setup, although a lot of hardware and sensors are not hooked up yet, it is coming along nicely.

Like I only have two of the photocells setup for lighting which you can see in the pics of the bedroom and kitchen. The photocells set the room's Light Level property using a Object Type script, and the Screens respond to the Light Level automatically from there.

BTW, angled images like this cause a TON of transparency overlaps, which is not much of a problem when using the screen, but makes editing harder, next time I will go a little more horizontal.

Vaughn
Attachments
Most doors and Windows opened or alarmed
Most doors and Windows opened or alarmed
OSA048 open.png (2.24 MiB) Viewed 11592 times
Most doors and windows closed
Most doors and windows closed
OSA048.png (2.13 MiB) Viewed 11592 times

stress1ner

Re: Vaughn's Setup

#2 Post by stress1ner » Tue May 17, 2016 10:19 am

Hello i am trying to make a 3d model like you did, where did u get the doors and windows, also to show open and closed any info will be appreciated.

Vaughn
Site Admin

Re: Vaughn's Setup

#3 Post by Vaughn » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:31 pm

I have done the 3D designs myself before using Home & Garden's Home Designer, which was a $69 product at the time. Others have used SweetHome 3D which is free. Punch is another package. You can even use Google Sketch. There are also online designers that charge per rendering and don't require any software on your PC.

The bad news is I asked this same question recently because all these options have some kind of draw backs...

The images I used this time were done for me by Jintu Designs using Chief Architect, which is an expensive product!

There is so much out there that I did not test or find even, so research may turn up more options.

One option is to use a cheap 2D package to layout your floor plan and measurements, then pay a firm to create a super nice 3D rendering for you, which can cost a couple hundred bucks, but will be useful for your house even if you don't use OSA in the future.

I see many apartment complexes using 3D layouts now, so it is becoming much more common. Some of them have semi-transparent walls, or half-height walls which I am not sure which packages offer those features, but there seems to be a lot out there.

Vaughn