Arduino Question

General discussion about Open Source Automation
Automate

Re: Arduino Question

#21 Post by Automate » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:29 am

I came across this .NET library https://code.google.com/p/sharpduino/ for firmata but when I try to run Sharpduino.Tests.UI I get "XamlParseException occurred" and "The invocation of the constructor on type 'Sharpduino.Tests.UI.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.' Line number '3' and line position '9'." I have not done much with WPF, any ideas on whats wrong?

Mat

#22 Post by Mat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:12 pm

At a guess your probably connecting to the wrong COM port, change line 41 of mainwindow.xaml.cs. Its the same principle as when your using the Arduino IDE you have to go into the settings and set the right COM port to communicate with the board.

fiveHellions

#23 Post by fiveHellions » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:39 am

Automate - does this mean your currently working on an arduino firmata plugin?

I'm about to start looking into creating a firmata plugin but didn't want to waste my time if you already had something in the works.

I'm currently building a garage monitor that will tell me the states of my garage doors and let me open/close them as well as control the light on the openers. It is also monitoring the temperature of my freezer to make sure the kids don't accidentally not shut the door all the way (happened 3 times twice we realized while the food was only partially thawed, the other time we lost more than $500 worth of food). I have one arduino in the garage talking to another one that is next to the computer via 2 pairs of cheap rf transmitters/receivers using the easy transfer library and virtual wire. I can print the status on my sensors to the serial monitor and also issue commands that are sent to the arduino in the garage. I need to move everything off of breadboards onto more permanent boards as well as get all the wire run in its final locations. But the next step is to get OSA talking to the arduino attached to the computer.

Datahead

#24 Post by Datahead » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:32 am

I also have been working on several Arduino project that at some point would like to incorporate into OSA. Of late I have been working on a semi-autonomous RC plane (My other passion.) and have gotten to the point where I can in essence control the plane from my desktop via a Processing application which includes GPS, Roll, Pitch and Yaw monitoring with a altimeter, compass and video. For the moment I am using a RC car for development so as not to crash the expensive stuff... LOL

That being said I also have a weather station and several other monitor type devices in the works as well. These devices at this point are using a APC220 set for communication that once the serial parameters are know should be easy to write a plugin. As to that note I have been working on honing my skills with developing plugins with no success as yet. But all these things are a work in progress as I know hardware much better than software.

Ron

Automate

#25 Post by Automate » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:02 am

fiveHellions wrote:Automate - does this mean your currently working on an arduino firmata plugin?

I'm about to start looking into creating a firmata plugin but didn't want to waste my time if you already had something in the works.
I got my Arduino and started setting it up with firmata and found it was not as plug-in-play as I was hoping. It might be because I have a Leonardo instead of an Uno. This got me thinking I might should also look into other protocols and came across this http://playground.arduino.cc//Code/CmdMessenger which also has a C# library.

I don't have an immediate need for using Arduino with OSA and actually prefer the TI LaunchPad platform. I just thought it would make a nice addition to our plugin selection and was a good fit for the OSA DIY/Maker types. If you would like to take the lead on developing the plugin that would be great. If not I will get to it some day but I do have some other projects on my plate right now.

mpinnie

#26 Post by mpinnie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi,
How far is the arduino plugin, because i would also be interested in that. I have an arduino mega connected via usb and i want to just switch the pins on and off but i'm fairly new to arduino and also don't know much of programming.
It would be awesome if somebody could help me with that.

Automate

#27 Post by Automate » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:17 am

I have not done any more with the Arduino plugin has anyone else?

Just turning on/off a digital output should not be that difficult. Is that all you need?

mpinnie

#28 Post by mpinnie » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:52 am

Yes all i want to do is use the pins of the arduino (as many as possible) and set them high or low from the osa via usb to switch on and of some appliances.

mpinnie

#29 Post by mpinnie » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:18 am

So can anybody help me with this?

Automate

#30 Post by Automate » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:55 am

I'll see if I can throw something simple together.