Quick Question about IP camera's???

General discussion about Open Source Automation
bwoodworth
Site Admin

Re: Quick Question about IP camera's???

#11 Post by bwoodworth » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:50 pm

No. By control i just mean the actual camera viewer box added to the screen. maze found an issue if you switch back and forth between screen a few times the stream would not load. That dll fixes the issue.

What are the knockoffs called? Any link to an ebay listing?
Brian

Datahead

#12 Post by Datahead » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:11 pm

I belive this is the other camera I purchased on Ebay and that feed is working as well with the web address you gave me. Just have it on another port.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-WIFI-I ... 2ec2cf6ad8

I am still in the process of putting my GUI together but for testing it seems both feeds are working. I will however use that .dll file.

Ron

Datahead

#13 Post by Datahead » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Brian,
Just a side note, if you have the extra money buy the Loftex. It was a lot easyer to setup and seems a little more dependable. The other one works but as always, you get what you pay for...

Ron

Datahead

#14 Post by Datahead » Mon May 20, 2013 12:11 am

Frederick02 wrote: please suggest me what sort of cameras are best for the home in-door and out-door security.
Actually there is a broad range of camera's out there that work well. I would say "The real question would be what is your budget for said camera's and how secure do you want the feeds?" Several things to consider:

1. Hard wired camera's have faster refresh are more secure when fed to a server behind a good firewall. Web based IP camera's can be hacked so proper precautions must be taken when installing them. Especially wireless IP camera's although it is getting more difficult....

2. The better the camera the better the end result will be. This unfortunately comes with a higher price tag.

I choose the Loftex camera for the cost. Around $60 bucks (US) and really didn't care if someone wanted to watch me in my living room. (Pretty boring if you ask me. :) ) So the bottom line is if your totally paranoid go with hard wired video feeds to a central camera server behind a good firewall. If not, get a good quality IP web cam that fits your budget.

Ron

lindseynicole010

#15 Post by lindseynicole010 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:24 pm

IP Cameras will give upgraded observing of your video security framework with substantially higher determination than customary simple cameras. Higher determination implies better clearness and subtle elements in the camera sees with the capacity to post-record zoom into basic regions with a significantly more extensive view coming to up to 90 degrees. Area, Outdoor cameras are contained inside a climate verification lodging ready to withstand the temperatures and dampness of the open air condition. Both arch style and projectile style cameras are utilized at outside offices and home security. Indoor cameras have a tendency to be littler and lighter and are not weatherproof. The two kinds of cameras can have infrared night vision capacities if required. Mounting Location, Consideration of the camera mounting area is dictated by above all else the most ideal view from the camera. Optionally, however similarly as essential, the capacity to run cabling to the area and furthermore the security of the camera.
Thanks& regards,
Lindsey Nicole
Security Cameras Toronto | Security Cameras Vancouver