New logging in 4.4/5 wasn't working

General discussion about Open Source Automation
Post Reply
Message
Author
fiveHellions
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:12 pm

New logging in 4.4/5 wasn't working

#1 Post by fiveHellions » Fri May 08, 2015 1:00 pm

I don't know if it was something screwey with my computer or a real problem. But on both my 4.4 install and my 4.5 install I wasn't getting anything showing under server logs on the web or populated in the osae_log table.

I connected the debugger and saw that the log4net log object wasn't getting populated with the appender information. I finally figured out that the OSAE.API.dll.config file didn't get installed to the C:\Program Files\OSA\ directory. I copied the file from source, restarted the service and the logging started working again.

Vaughn
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: New logging in 4.4/5 wasn't working

#2 Post by Vaughn » Fri May 08, 2015 6:32 pm

I don't see that file on my test box either, but I haven't noticed problems. But I will get it added to the installer build right now.


Vaughn

Vaughn
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: New logging in 4.4/5 wasn't working

#3 Post by Vaughn » Fri May 08, 2015 6:48 pm

I added the file and re-uploaded the setup. I will be working on the system all weekend if anyone spots anything else.

Vaughn

Post Reply