What a load of rubbish!!!

General discussion about Open Source Automation
macman

What a load of rubbish!!!

#1 Post by macman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:16 pm

:evil:
Welcome to Open Source Automation. This project has been created with the sole purpose to make home automation available to everyone
It ain't open Mac users though is it..you idiotic pee-cee users!!!!

Get a grip and don't make stupid exaggerated statements like thee one above..it was the first sentence i read too!!!!

:twisted:

Vaughn
Site Admin

Re: What a load of rubbish!!!

#2 Post by Vaughn » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:11 am

PC's are available to all people, thus so is our free software.

MySQL runs on OS X natively, therefore the OSAE DB core runs on OS X also. Also, Mono lets you run Windows/.NET programs on a Mac, so technically you should be able to run everything on a Mac. I do not recommend it at this point though as it seems complicated enough on a PC.

The main parts that really needs to be replaced for Linux/OS X (to be fully native) is the API, which is really simple for someone to translate and then there is the ASP web pages which will need a server that can host them.

Anyways, sorry for making you think there was OS X source.

Vaughn

eatmeimadanish

#3 Post by eatmeimadanish » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:42 am

Vaughn... he can use parallels or even a virtual machine and run the product. But I don't think his post was serious. More like some little kid with a ton of free time.

Little kid go away.

Mat

#4 Post by Mat » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:16 pm

In the next version of .NET, ASP can be run on linux as the server stack has gone cross platform. You can run your site in traditional IIS/Ultidev or you can run it as part of your application process thus UltiDev wouldn't be required anymore. I think the next release of .NET will allow OSA to go cross platform the only part that would need to be dealt with is the registry so in theory you could run it on a PI.

Thats not to say all the plugins would play nicely as some are geared around vendor dll's that are designed for windows, in that scenario plugins would need to be tagged on the site to say what OS they support.

The client side aspects of .NET aren't cross platform so WCF won't run on Linux.